Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: chratcliff
About
User Name: chratcliff
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Timeframe Bug
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:03:43 AM

I've got a lot of experience making PCFs thanks to the many helpful posts here. Tonight, I cannot do anything that looks at data for earlier yesterday. Every formula that tries to look back more than 20 bars fails to do so and provides me with the current data. This mainly seems to affect scans that I've tried that use 10 minute or lower.

It's not just scans either, it also won't let me use any custom pcfs on watchlists to look at % gains just after the open. For example

(C.75*100/C.79)-100 to produce a percentage nor

(C75*100/C79)-100 both show me bunk numbers, no matter how I attempt it. 5 minute, 10 minute and 1 minute all fail. I can get correct numbers using 30 minute with a ~12 bar lookback but going to 15 with a 24 bar lookback breaks it.

I do not know if this is an issue with the data provider or TC2000 itself. I've tried both the new beta and the older version and restarted Tc2000 multiple times.

If I change the time frame to something larger, like daily, I can get it to work just fine. Using the 'test symbol' box to try Microsoft, I noticed that sometimes I change the timeframe and it won't update the preview. 

I'm suddenly unable to use both c.x as well as X bars ago due to this frustrating bug. It's kind of hard to explain, but I know it's not an error on my end as I've made many many PCFs and confirmed that what it's showing me is coming from the wrong time frame.

Also, this forum will not work in Google Chrome for me. I just had to re-sign in with Microsoft Edge. I get an error that says the administrators have been notified.