Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Rock1
About
User Name: Rock1
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 50
[0.02% of all post / 0.07 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Swing PCF
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 4:47:42 PM

*Because with the separate formulas you gave me earlier ago, for the Bullish RETRACMENT and the BEARISH RETRACMENT. I though it was putting it in order-One pivot coming after the other pivot.

thanks

Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 4:43:09 PM

Okay, thanks Bruce. 

Yes, that test seems good. You had gave me another formula earlier ago, 

"If the pivot low happened after the pivot high, then you would want to use the following formula instead." -BEARISH RETRACMENT

So, I have been using those-where the 1 formula -The pivot High happend after the pivot low-then had some retacment. 50% example. Bullish RETRACMENT and the other formula for BEARISH RETRACMENT. low happened after the pivot high. 

These last formulas-IIF(TrueInRow(NOT(MAXH13 < H13 AND H13 > MAXH13.14), 50) < TrueInRow(NOT(MINL13 > L13 AND L13 < MINL13.14), 50), first formula, 1 / 0)

how are they diffrent again, or are they the same? If I am using 2 separate formulas- the One for Bullish RETRACMENT and the other formula for BEARISH RETRACMENT. 

Also, I was looking at the pivot hi and low indicators, AKAM and FoxF, seems there is a lower pivot Low, and the Low Pivot indicator is not picking it up, it is at a higher low?. But the Hi pivot is working so far, getting the high pivot.

thanks

Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 2:49:22 PM

> then 40 or >50% works too, I was just trying to understand the basic formula of, the Pivot high and low, first.

Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 2:45:06 PM

*I would probabbly rather use a range-of sticking to the use of more of a Fibonacci definition, like a pull back of between (at least, with using Fibonacci, not wanting to see low or high end values) 40% to 60% from the pivot high-for example. But I may ask about that, a diffrent time. thanks

Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 2:39:13 PM

Thanks Bruce, I am glad, it uses an unamibiguous objective. Because it picks up one of the stock examples of ACIW, -picture in a previous post from yesteraday, Which from the current price yesterday, there were 8 bars from the pivot low, then from the pivot low to last high was 6-so 14 bars back to that pivot high, as it is testing that pivot high. I am suprised it picks up on that pivot low as it is only 8 bars back?, from the current price, but I would call that a pivot Low. 

Yes, I am plotting the Indicator line, on the chart with, -Pivot High (13 bars on either side):  thanks, I can see it. 

Your last formula, 

-Retracement from Pivot High toward Pivot Low only when Pivot High is more recent than Pivot Low. I think I understand?, that it can rank a list in order with a value from 0 or 1 thru 100. But, I would probabbly rather use a range. like from one of the first formulas, you had in this form. But I may ask about that, a diffrent time.

thanks

Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:15:41 PM

Bruce, these were a few symbols that came up in the scan. ACIW, FOXF AVEO, AKAM. I do not see how these fit the scan criteria you were talking about.

"the pivot high requires 13 lower highs on both sides and the pivot low requires 13 higher lows on both sides."

What does "Requires" mean (Within 13 bars)? these 4 stocks listed here do not have 13 higher highs or lows. 

Is there a way to make a visible indicator on the chart-A horizontal line to show which Pivot High and low the scan is looking at?

thanks

Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:09:24 PM

Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:08:53 PM

Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:08:22 PM

Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:07:32 PM