Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: zentrades
About
User Name: zentrades
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Product Feature Request v18- Option Scans Upgrade
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:32:54 PM

Please allow us to scan options using days to expiration as a range. 

OR

Please increase the number of scans that can be done above 10,000.

I am scanning a 500 stock watchlist of CBOE optionable stocks and it does not take long to eat up the 10,000 slots, especially since we can't limit the search to a range of days to expiration.

thanks

Rick

Topic: No results from option scan
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:24:40 PM

Tricky. It took me forever to figure out why some options I knew for a fact fit my scan parameters weren't showing up. That 10,000 limit sounds like a lot until one realizes if you scan 500 optionable stocks it really limits the days to expiration and strikes that can be scanned. It also isn't "alphabetical" for some reason. No logic it seems to how it truncates the scan.

For example, my scan looks for option delta between .68 and .78, open interest >200 and price <8 on a CBOE most active watchlist with 500 stocks.  I knew FDC to be delta OK, price OK, open interest OK and yet it WOULD NOT show up on the scan list until I got the perfect number of strikes adjusted- too few and no dice, too many and no dice. It left out some longer term ones. Yikes.

Any chance this could be increased somehow?

One fix is if we could scan by expiration days range...that right there would help IMMENSIVELY as iright now it gives me very short time periods I don&#39;t even want eating up the 10,000 spaces available for the scan.

Rick

Topic: Option Chain PCFs
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:37:25 PM

I am trying to figure out how to do a condition or PCF to narrow my scan to only options with 60-90 days to expiration, but can&#39;t figure out how to. Is this now a feature on v18?

thanks

Topic: Options Days to Expiration Condition?
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:33:22 PM

How can I add in the days to expiration in my options scan? I want options 60-90 days out only. I figured out how to do the delta, price, open interest I want, but I can&#39;t see any way of limiting the scan to a range of expriation days.

The actual watchlist has a drop down for months or weeklies,  but I want the actual results to already be the ones I want within that range. I can&#39;t find any condition for this, and don&#39;t know how to write a PCF to cover it.

thanks!

Topic: V18 Stock Split Doesn't Adjust in Trade Positions
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 3:31:21 PM

I have 100 shares of KIE I purchased (paper) before the stock split 3/1. However, my position shows a huge loss when I actually should have a gain (price did not adjust for the split).

Is there any way to either adjust the number of shares and the price of existing shares, to adjust for this so the unrealized P&L is correct?

Topic: CandleStick Patterns on Charts?
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 12:53:58 PM

Is there a way to place CandleStick patterns on charts in TC2000? Or perhaps a dot above the candle(s) that indicates one is identified? I found PCFs for scans, but didn&#39;t know if a PCF can be added as a plot on a chart somehow.

thanks

Rick

Topic: How to remove PCFs version 18?
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 5:50:41 PM

I have searched and looked and can&#39;t figure out how to delete my PCFs in version 18. Can you please help me figure this out?  Thanks!