Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: beld
About
User Name: beld
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 20
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: New Scan
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:47:59 AM

Morning.

I'd like help with this scan:

looking for stocks (no particular sector) in an uptrend

who's relative strength outperforms the approppriate index in the past X number of days.

Idea:  looking for stocks after a correction that has lasted x number of days,  that is moving up better than its index.

Thank you

Beth

Topic: condition forumula
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:06:36 AM

Wish I could do this on my own:  I need a condition that says:

Volume above 50 day-daily

Will you help?

Thanks. to be used with a scan condition

Beth

Topic: Scan help Darvas
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:31:38 PM

I'd like a scan that provides this:

stock that doubled in the past year

trades near its all time high

and the rest I can do. (I think)

Also,  is it possible to place an alert on an entire watchlist. 

Many thanks,

Beth

Topic: Plotting Industries
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:56:41 PM
You have lots of topics regarding top industries and finding the strongest stocks in each industry

I wonder if there is a way I could use a line chart with colors to indicate industries ( let's say 15 or 20).

Purpose:  If I think a correction will be "rolling" from industry to industry,   I'd like a way to "track" the ups and downs of the chosen industries.  The watchlist method tells me its position but I can't see at a glance whether it's getting stronger or weaker.

I would be willing to plot the 5 or 10 day moving average as long as I could tell which industry is which color.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Beth
Topic: technical analysis and time frames
Posted: Monday, January 9, 2012 1:24:23 PM
It's really strange that I have not gotten a good answer to this question, but, I forgot to ask YOU.

I use technicals but I want to use it for longer term trading insteady of short term trading.  In other words,  I would prefer to hold a position several months rather than a week.

Does technical analysis work in all time frames and how would you suggest I structure it?

thanks for your help.  I know I can look at the chart in different time frames but what would make the differnce in determining the length of the move..

Beth
Topic: Time Frames
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2011 10:30:35 AM
I am trying to lessen the number of trades i make by tryiing to lengthen my time frames.  There's intraday trading,  short term trading (using 15 min. and daily) and daily and weekly.  If I wanted to use another time frame but somethign less than monthly, what could I use?
Do you have any suggestions for me?  
I do understand that I can use TSV and other conditions to help me.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Beth
Topic: daily slow stoch moving up
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:21:05 PM
thank you soooo much.  I'll give her a try.
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 2:58:23 PM

I'm only getting 1 or 2 results, so how could you change it to look for slow stoch moving up from any low to a high of   maybe 40?  for both daily and weekly.  Would combine in a scan to get both slow stoch near the bottom no matter how low

Thank you.
Beth

Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 2:11:44 PM
How do I convert this to daily in order to use it in tc2000.  its' showing me weekly now.

2*STOC70+STOC70.1.5>2*STOC70.1.15+STOC70.1.20AND2*STOC70.1.5+STOC70.1.10<=2*STOC70.1.20+STOC70.1.25

WORKS WELL.  I COPIED IT FROM A PREVIOUS DISCUSSION.  I don't see where the weekly or daily is figured in.  
Bottom line:  want a scan with two pcfs.  Want the slow stochastic to be moving up on both at the same time.

Maybe a 2nd scan showing me both daily and weekly crossing up thru 20.
Important to me to have one scan that does both at same time...if possible.

THANKS.
Beth
Topic: long and short scan
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:59:42 PM
thank you.  that worked!
Beth