Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: anindya_chak
About
User Name: anindya_chak
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 86
[0.03% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Recent Slowdown in Stockfinder: Stock Lists and Industry Lists
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:12:09 PM

I have tried a couple of times - it seems to come back -

Of course - one problem is that - post install - I copy back my profile - which could contain the faulty files?

Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:11:13 PM

What's the best way to wipe and start afresh?

Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:57:47 PM

This is to seek opinion of other users -  I have already been thru Tech Support - and basically there was no solution.

What I am finding recently is that my Stockfinder has substantially slowed down on anything that touches a list .

• It started with me first having problems to complete the daily data download itself - it would get stuck every time. The only way to get that to finish is to do multiple aborts of BlocksDownloader to hope it goes thru one time. This is now a staple for the past 3-4 weeks
  • Additionally, of late - there's a TON of downloads/updates on US Stock Industry Lists every other day - I mean the files just go on and on ! Its hard to imagine that Stocks are swtiching industries that often or the new stocks are getting added
  • I realy cant fathom out - if Worden has made a change to the underlying file data structure - if so - its significantly affecting the scan and slowing down things

Currently - any Scan, BAcktest on a large list - or Index Indicators are running excrutiatingly slow!!

Hope someone else noticed and found a solution

TIA!

Topic: Transfering Telechart Linked Watchlists to a New Computer for SF5
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:26:47 AM

Thanks a lot!!

Topic: Transfering Telechart Linked Watchlists to a New Computer for SF5
Posted: Monday, April 1, 2013 9:24:59 PM

I am in the process of transferring my Stockfinder over to a new computer.

I know how to do this for SF5 - however - I have a few linked Telechart Watchlists - they are not tranferring - is there a way to accomplish this.

I know - I have to install Telechart in the new computer - I dont know how to accomplish the copying steps like SF5

Thx!

Topic: Automated CSV Save from SF
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:14:11 AM
I want save a set of indictors from 4 different layout into .csv's and repeat this daily without have to point and click....

Is this possible?

Best
Topic: TC2007 Linked Watchlist in SF 5.0
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 10:03:12 PM
Manual workaround -

Can I save the Watchlists from the older version or even TC2011 - into excel - and paste them into SF5 - with the same names - would the layout - start picking them up automatically?

Best
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 9:45:52 AM
Oh brother!

I had no idea - its the current version which is causing the problem !!!

Ok got it

Thanks!
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:28:04 PM
I dont think I expressed my problem correctly.

I developed these Personal Watchlists on the older TC version - then as I switched over to the newer version ie TC 2011  - I only downloaded the newer version in my other computer.

I have both TC versions in my home comp.

So on the layouts in my Home Comp - the lists work in SF. However it doesn't on the laptop.

However, and this is the STRANGE piece  - the older personal watchlist - DO WORK in the TC 2011 version in both computers - ie the list  exist - and they filter and sort the stocks.

My guess is that somehow SF5 is not able to pick up the lists from TC 2011?

This is a key tracker - and I would like to make it work - when I am traveling also.

Best
Topic: Data Import Issue
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:22:50 PM
This worked like a charm!

Thank you!