Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: daledalmada
About
User Name: daledalmada
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 168
[0.06% of all post / 0.06 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: PCF Help Please
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:47:19 AM

Thank you Administration and Bruce!  Very much appreciated!

Topic: Bollinger Band Squeeze
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:18:46 AM

Thanks so much Bruce!

Topic: Bollinger Bandwidth PCF or Scan Condition
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:18:14 AM

Thank you very much Bruce!

Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:56:23 PM

Thank you very much Bruce!  I have two questions:

1. What did you mean when you said I would need to check for each of these bars manually in TC 2000 v12.5...which is what I use? 

2. Why do the moving averages values in Telechart differ from Stockcharts.com?  For example, I ran one of the pcfs above on us common stocks and one of the stocks that came up was VTR.  In Telechart, VTR shows the 200 SMA at 66.62 and Stockcharts.com shows it as 64.69 (both as of today's close).  So using Stockcharts.com, it would have got me in on 4/10 (when it closed above the 200 SMA according to Stockcharts) instead of today when it closed above the 200 SMA according to Telechart).   There are several other stocks that came up in the scan as well with the exact same issue...different values for the 50 SMA and 200 SMA for Telechart vs Stockcharts.com  Any idea why the discrepency?  How do you know which one is more accurate?  I'd like to enter the stock as soon as it closes above the moving average so accuracy is critical.  

Thank you for your insight!

Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:40:20 AM

Thank you Bruce.  So if I set it to 10 bars, it would show me stocks with bollinger bands that are decreasing in width with each subsequent day for a 10 day period?   But it doesn't specify how close the bollinger bands are from the center line ie 4%, it just says that they are decreasing with each day for the amount of days (bars) I specify?

Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:34:02 AM

Thank you Bruce!  So glad you're back!  Can you help me with a modifiction I made to this (highlighted in bold)

stock closed above the 50 day moving average today and the last 10 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 50 day moving average and the 50 day moving average today is above the 200 day moving average OR stock closed above the 200 day moving average today and the last 10 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 200 day moving average and the 200 day moving average today is above the 50 day moving average

stock closed above the 50 day moving average today and the last 15 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 50 day moving average and the 50 day moving average today is above the 200 day moving average OR stock closed above the 200 day moving average today and the last 15 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 200 day moving average and the 200 day moving average today is above the 50 day moving average

stock closed above the 50 day moving average today and the last 20 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 50 day moving average and the 50 day moving average today is above the 200 day moving average OR stock closed above the 200 day moving average today and the last 20 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 200 day moving average and the 200 day moving average today is above the 50 day moving average

Topic: Bollinger Bandwidth PCF or Scan Condition
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:08:32 PM

Hello,

Can you please help me create a pcf or scan condition for:

1. Bollinger Bandwidth less than .04 for the last 5 days OR 10 days, not including today

2. Bollinger Bandwidth less than .04 for each of the last 5 days OR 10 days, not including today

Questions:

Would the pcf or scan condition be different for 1. vs 2.?

Would I still need to specify a Period of 20 and Std Dev of 2.00 or would this be different since I'm only looking at the last 5 OR 10 days, not including today?

Does this mean the distance between the upper and lower bollinger bands is less that 4% of the closing price or is it less than 4% of the center line?

Basically, I want it to find stocks with low volatility in last 5 OR 10 days and a series of low range bars in last 5 OR 10 days, not including today.

Thank you!

Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 3:08:14 PM

Hi,

Can a trainer please assist in creating a PCF for the following:

stock closed above the 50 day moving average today and yesterday the stock closed below the 50 day moving average and the 50 day moving today is above the 200 day moving average OR stock closed above the 200 day moving average today and yesterday the stock closed below the 200 day moving average and the 200 day moving average today is above the 50 day moving average

Thank you! 

Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 1:06:26 PM

Hi Bruce, I was just wondering if you saw this.  Thank you!

Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 11:10:40 AM

Hi Bruce,

I am trying to create a scan condition for Bollinger Band Squeeze.  I was looking through some old posts and came accross one that you had written with some suggetions (see below).  My question is, what is the purpose of the second step where you say to "click on the Custom PCF % True Indicator and select Create Scan Condition | Greater Than: 99.9"?  Couldn't you just use the PCF as is?  How would the second step change the results?  If left it as is (just the PCF), is it just looking for a Bollinger Band Squeeze over a 20 day period with the width of the bands getting narrower with each day?  And the purpose of step two is just to specify a certain number of days (number of bars you wish to test) for example 10 days, as opposed to 20 days if the PCF is left as is?  Still don't get the Greater Than: 99.9 part either.

Another possibility is that you want the Bollinger Bands to be decreasing in width for at least a certain number of bars. We can do this by creating a Condition Formula for the 20-Period Simple Bollinger Bands to be decreasing in width from one bar to the next:

ABS(C ^ 2 + C1 ^ 2 + C2 ^ 2 + C3 ^ 2 + C4 ^ 2 + C5 ^ 2 + C6 ^ 2 + C7 ^ 2 + C8 ^ 2 + C9 ^ 2 + C10 ^ 2 + C11 ^ 2 + C12 ^ 2 + C13 ^ 2 + C14 ^ 2 + C15 ^ 2 + C16 ^ 2 + C17 ^ 2 + C18 ^ 2 + C19 ^ 2 - 20 * AVGC20 ^ 2) < ABS(C1 ^ 2 + C2 ^ 2 + C3 ^ 2 + C4 ^ 2 + C5 ^ 2 + C6 ^ 2 + C7 ^ 2 + C8 ^ 2 + C9 ^ 2 + C10 ^ 2 + C11 ^ 2 + C12 ^ 2 + C13 ^ 2 + C14 ^ 2 + C15 ^ 2 + C16 ^ 2 + C17 ^ 2 + C18 ^ 2 + C19 ^ 2 + C20 ^ 2 - 20 * AVGC20.1 ^ 2)

And then using it as the Boolean Indicator in a Custom PCF % True with the Period set to the number of bars over which you wish to test and the Average Type set to Simple. You would then click on the Custom PCF % True Indicator and select Create Scan Condition | Greater Than: 99.9.