Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: joandsig
About
User Name: joandsig
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RSI Divergence
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:57:29 PM

Hi Bruce,

I am using the smoothed Wilder's RSI.

The RSI should have turned up again. In other words, I am looking for the completed V-shape for the higher low (or lower high). The scan should capture all equities with this formation and, at the same time with a decending price (can do that in TC2000).

I would be looking for this RSI formation:                                 /V
                                                                                              V

Thanks, Siegfried

Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:53:07 PM

Hi Bruce,

I am using the smoothed Wilder's RSI.

The RSI should have turned up again. In other words, I am looking for the completed V-shape for the higher low (or lower high). The scan should capture all equities with this formation and, at the same time with a decending price (can do that in TC2000).

I would be looking for this RSI formation:                         /V
                                                                                        /     
                                                                                     V

Thanks, Siegfried

Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:06:54 PM

Hello Bruce,

Can you help me identifying a higher low or lower high for a RSI14 scan?

The intend is, to identify the higher low one day after it occurs (wouldn't know it is a low otherwise).

For example, the higher low would have occured yesterday, if RSI14 rises today. Generally, I work with a maximum of 10 bars back for the first low. Most often the first low it is between 3-6 bars in the past.

If price drops at the same time I can identify bullish or bearish RSI divergence.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks for your help,

Siegfried

PS: Not sure if this can be done in TC2000 V18, Stock finder or other vehicle.

Topic: Bullish Divergence Between RSI14 and Price
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 1:26:56 PM

Is there a way to scan for bullish divergence where RSI3 makes a higher low and at the same time price makes a lower low (Andrew cardwell). Let's say we want to do this for a 5 day period counting back from today.

It would be ideal if that scan could find such a constellation for different time frames as well but that same objective could also be met by using different scans (e.g. 6,7,8,9 days).

Thanks, Siggi

Topic: Moving Average
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2012 2:11:18 PM

I am looking for a way to determine the minimum (or maximum) of a simple moving average, e.g. SMA20 of closing price. To be certain for this to be a minimum, I would have to wait long enough for the MA to turn up again for a few days.

If this was a function (e.g. a parabola), it would be a few "days" after the lowest point with a slope of zero.

One difficulty in creating such a PCF seems that a minimum can occur e.g. within a 2 week time frame or it can last much longer.

Thanks for your help.

Siggi