Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: gobothways
About
User Name: gobothways
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 53
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: layouts from old computer
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:05:21 PM

I had various layouts and custom indicators set up on old computer for StockFinder 5. How do I get those over to my new computer without having to go through all the steps again?  My IT firm actually put everything from the old computer onto a new, larger and higher performing hard drive and installed it on this computer, so we should be able to access that hard drive somehow.....?

Topic: PCF to identify current price exceeding 200-day Bollinger Band upper band
Posted: Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:20:10 AM

Looking to create a PCF that identifies an unusual price surge out of a probable basing pattern.  Would like to scan for stocks that move above the upper band of a 200-day Bollinger Band. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David

Topic: ADX extremes
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 12:53:32 AM
I want to scan for issues where ADX has reached > 40, with separate lists for stocks that have been in strong downtrends vs. stocks that have been in strong uptrends.  Any suggestionss for doing this?  I looked at the Help documentation for RealCode and there was an example for ADX>40, but in copying it did not seem to give the desired result.....I know there is probably a simple set of instructions, but...am not getting it.  Thanks for any help.
Topic: price chart started flatlining
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 2:19:16 PM
In one of my charts (I have two windows open), after a few seconds the price chart expands to include all prices AND mashes the whole price chart down (indicators seem ok and the other window is unaffected) to what looks to be a flat line, as if there is a really bad tick.  If I click on a new time frame or bring the zoom slider at bottom back to the right, the chart will be correct for a couple of seconds, then go back to expanded zoom and flat-lining. It just started doing this, and was working fine this AM.

Thanks,
David
gobothways
Topic: color fail
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:38:08 PM
i think i figured it out. thanks anyway
Topic: color fail
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:20:27 PM

I am trying to create conditions for simple stochoastics being above 80 (overbought) and below 20 (oversold), then put in linked column in watchlist.

Below is the condition for overbought.  But while it seems to be sorting the active watchlist for the condition, it is not flagging (applying the assigned condition color to the column cell).  However, when I deleted the condition, it instantly colors the column. Any idea what is happening? What I am doing wrong?

'# Stoc = indicator.unlinked.Stochastics

If Stoc.value > 80 Then pass

Thanks,
David

Topic: Not Drawing on Secondary Panes
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 10:15:16 AM
Did you get my layout, sent yesterday to support@worden.com?  Problem persists today.  And today, after using DR4 for a bit, now the drawing tools dont work on it!
Thanks,
David
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 4:03:10 PM
Am sending to support@worden.com
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 2:11:30 PM
Thanks, Kuf.  A chart is a pane, except that when I refer to a pane I also mean not only the price chart but any and all indicators that I want to construct underneath prices (or "pinned" on the chart, at the ready).  I currently have a layout with 3 chart panes, that I call DR1, DR2, and DR3.   As I have these docked with one another (because making them float created other problems with the entire application being caused to "not respond" [read earlier notes with your techs, including Marcus and Jerry, on this issue]), I am able to activate and use drawing tools on DR1, but they will not activate in DR2 or DR2.  Interestingly, I tried floating DR3 or minimizing DR1 and DR2 so only DR3 appeared, and in both cases the drawing tools still would not activate.  HOWEVER, I created a new chart (DR4) to float, and they worked just fine.  So I am perplexed.

Thanks for any insight you might give,
David
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 10:38:52 AM
Where I have more than one chart setup, what I call panes, in a single layout, the drawing tools are not working on anything other than the first pane.  Is this a known bug, or something to do with my machine?

thanks,
David