Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: cjamesee
About
User Name: cjamesee
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 21
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Locking Historical Data (Zoom) & Bar Interval for all tabs
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:23:15 PM
I currently have four tabs in one layout.  Each tab with a different set of indicators.  I would like to lock tabs 2, 3 and 4 to follow the zoom setting and bar interval for tab 1 (main).  I constantly find myselfing reviewing the different indicators realizing the amount of historical data and/or bar interval is not the set the same. 
Topic: TSV SF vs. TC
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:10:31 PM

The TSV settings were different.  Thanks Bruce.

Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:52:00 PM
Bruce,

Forgot to include:

Viewing Window: Mid Feb to present.
Time Frame: 1 Day

Thanks!
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:50:31 PM
Bruce,

The stock I saw a difference was BHI, Baker Hughes

TSV 28, MA 15, Arithmetic

Dates of Interest:

5/22: TC dips and crosses 0, SF - stays above ~200
6/17: TC crosses down, rebounds but doesn't cross, SF - crosses down and crosses back before diving again.
7/13: TC crosses up and goes up, SF - crosses on 7/16 and then crosses back down.
8/05: TC crosses down and stays down until 8/20, SF - crosses down on 8/10 and back up on 8/12
9/14: TC is climbing to new highs, SF is barely half of Jul-Aug highs 
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 10:17:56 AM

I've noticed a difference in the pattern between SF's TSV and TC's TSV, same settings - TSV 28, MA 15.  I understand the actual value isn't important, but I have noticed significant differences in the curve.  One factor I tend to give some consideration is zero crossing.  This to seems to vary between SF and TC.  Any suggestions?

Topic: Auto Sort
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2009 3:44:26 PM
I have added columns to the Sub Industry Group watchlist based on a modified % Change sort.  I'm only need the watchlist sorted once.  However, the sort seems to occur every few minutes.  How do I disable the sort feature? 
Topic: Index
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 7:29:05 AM
Are the DJUSCA (Dow Jones Gambling Index) and TOB (Amex Tobacco Index) available? 
Topic: Real Time Using Sub Industry Group
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:57:57 PM
I would like to use my indicator lights (Topic: Painting Watchlist Columns) on the Sub Industry Group on an intraday basis.  It appears there are some limitations to using the Sub Industry group on intraday basis based on other postings I've read.  Is either of two ideas below possible?   

1.) Is it possible to incorporate the Custom Index feature (Topic: Is the %Chg of any Morningstar Sub Industry Group live?) as an input to the 1 Day Price Block in the modified Percent Change Block Diagram ?  I copied the components of the Custom Index Indicator into the Percent Change Block, but there is a mismatch of data types.     

2.)  Is it possible for a user to create a nested watchlist similar to Sub Industry Group?  The goal would be to have a the nested watchlist behave on intrady basis as the Sub Industry group does on a daily basis.   
Example of WatchList: 
Main  -> My Sub Industry WatchList  
   Sub Group 1 -> My Sub Industry Titles (~209 Groups)
        Sub Group 2 -> My Sub Industry/Sector Components (~ 8 Stocks)
Topic: Painting Watchlist Columns
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:06:00 PM

Thanks.  The modification you made did exactly what I was trying to accomplish.

Topic: Painting Watchlist Columns
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:21:30 PM
Bruce,

Desired watchlist is US Sub Industry Group.  I'm looking to calculate Percent Change for different timeframes with a given period.  Example (pseudo code): price.close(offset) / price.close(offset + period).   I plan to have multiple columns.  Color critieria: red < some % value, some % value < yellow > some % value, green > some % value.  

The built in Percent Change didn't seem to allow an offset.  I want to calculate the percent change for a period of X days starting X bars back.  

Thanks!