Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rbyrne
About
User Name: rbyrne
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 28
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: New All Time Highs
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2017 5:30:29 PM

Please disregard. I'm all set. 

Topic: New All Time Highs
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2017 5:24:02 PM

Can you please tell me how to write scan to search for stocks closing at a new ALL-TIME (not simply a 52 week high) Thanks!

Topic: Scanning for all time highs
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:26:19 PM

Thanks for the help :)

Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:14:16 PM

Thanks Bruce. One more thing, how do I scan for new issues? Say ... stocks that have only been trading for 3 months? 

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:56:54 PM

Could someone share how I might scan all us stocks to identify those trading at all time highs...thanks!

Bob

Topic: ATR draw down from a 20-day closing high.
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:58:10 PM

Thanks Bruce...

Topic: ATR draw down from a 20-day closing high.
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:18:00 AM

Is there a way to create an indicator or sorts, that subtracts a specified number of ATRs from a max closing high? 

For example, if I wanted to subtract 2 ATRs (based on a 14 day ATR) from the max closing high over the prior 20 trading days...BUT...I would only want the indicator to shift if a new closing high was logged, or if the 20 day period was eclipsed. 

Let's say the closing high for the past 20 days is $50, the 14 day ATR is 1. I would like a horizontal line (or dots...makes no difference) that plots at $48 (2 ATRs beneath the 20-day closing high). On day 10, the stock closes at 51, and the 14 day ATR is still measuring 1. The horizontal line would shift from $48, up to 49. 

Anyway...is this possible in TC? 

Thanks.

Topic: Increased Daily Timeframe Data...
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 12:51:40 PM

Well, for any TC 2000 admins or developers lurking in the shadows ... TC is a very nice product, but limiting the amount of data is, well, very 1999. I started as a SOES bandit like many others. And since that time, I can't think of too many professional charting/data packages that provided such limited data...and survived. 

Again, you've got a great product. I only wish I understood who sitting around the "big table" thought it would be a good idea to limit the amount of data one can backtest with. 

**I do appreciate the workaround Bruce provided me with. But like even he said, there's a ton NOT provided in Version 7 that is (and I use!) in the newest version. In a nutshell, having extended data, but without the features I subscribe to TC for today...is essentially worthless. 

I hope someone at the table has actually traded (their own money...not OPM) and can stress the important of having more than 500 bars of available data to backtest on. Markets, and traders' needs change exponentially faster now than they did in 1999, 2005 or even 2010. I hope you're able to recognize that and respond accordingly. 

Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 12:04:54 PM

OK, thanks for the help. Any idea if there are plans to increase the viewable data on the newer version? 

Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 12:02:42 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

TC2000 v7 runs entirely on your computer and the data is stored there. So the data is downloaded to your comuter only once.

TC2000 v17 runs both on your computer and on our servers with the data stored on our servers. So the data is downloaded to your computer every time you view a symbol.

That a bummer to say the least. Nonetheless, do I need to do anything special to download the prior version, but not lose the settings on my current one?