Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: riverside
About
User Name: riverside
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 88
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TTM Squeeze and Wave
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 8:46:36 AM

Bruce,

May I have a copy of the TTM indicator too?  Thank you.

R

Topic: PCF for stocks in a range...
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 12:57:52 PM

How would I go about looking for stocks trading within X$ over Y period of time?  e.g. I want to look for a stock that has traded within say +/-$3 of it's current price for the last year.

Topic: Volume syntax
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 11:00:08 AM

If I want to write a PCF to sort by volume of greater than one hundred thousand, in v2007 I use 1000 and v2017 I use 100000, is that correct?

Topic: How to think about v 2017
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2018 7:05:26 PM

I am having trouble using version 2017 after a decade of using v2007.  I feel like I must be thinking about things the wrong way and I am stuck.  I want to a) create a universe of US common stocks, closed end funds and ADRs and b) start applying conditions to that universe such as minimum price per share, minimum liquidity etc., c) then I want to apply PCFs to scan that universe and arrive at a final list of stocks. How do I do that?  In v2017 I've created a new tab. Then I pick a stock universe like US common stocks.  Then I'm stuck.  How do I add closed end funds and ADRs to the universe?  Then how do I apply conditions to filter down the list?

Is there a better way to think about this to arrive at a filtered list of stocks?

I want to:

a) create a custom universe

b) add conditions to filter down that universe to a final list of stocks

The videos show how to create a watchlist but not how to edit the watch list with other conditions.  I'm sure I just don't get it, but none the less I'm stuck.

Appreciate any ideas.

Topic: T2104 changes??????????
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2017 1:00:41 PM

T2104 usually tracks the market pretty well but has not been doing so since early April.  Has the formula been modified at all in recent times?  Usually, Advancing issues times up volume less declining issues times down volume tracks t2104 closely.  I realize T2104 is slightly different as it is the cumulative of the up volume of the advancing issues (not advancing issues times all up volume, etc.), but these two data series track each other closely.  For the first time that I can see, they are diverging and I'm trying to figure out why.

I appreciate any thoughts you would have.

Topic: T2104 changes?
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 2:13:43 PM

I created my own version of T2104 to verify that I could more or less duplicate it and understand it.  I wanted to track something quite similar in my own software.  I ran it back to 1998 and it mimics T2104 very closely.  However, since around early April, there has been a divergence with T2104 not confirming the new highs in the market and my version doing just that.  I want to rely on your time proven indicator but it's not working the way it usually does, and it does not match my own version (which does confirm the new highs), all of a sudden.  Has the formula been changed at all this year?  Would you have any idea why taking Adv Issues * Up Volume less Declining issues * dn volume would suddenly diverge after tracking closely for almost 20 years?  Appreciate any ideas you would have.  I realize my formula is not the same as the up volume of advancing issues less the down volume of declining issues, but it's been a good proxy for a long time, until now.  Thank you.

Topic: Verify PCF Please?
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 3:35:06 PM

I&#39;m trying to look at the number of stocks down 20% or more from the 52week high, so I wrote:  c1<(H251*.8).  Is this going to generate what I&#39;m looking for?  Thank you.

Topic: HOw can I write a PCF screening for minimum number of days?
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:08:50 PM

How can I screen for a watch list containing stocks with symbols for a minimum period of time, say 10 years?

Topic: Help with back dating a PCF...
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 10:54:00 AM

I have a PCF that I&#39;ve used for some time now, successfully. I need to modify it, in order to look at a count a few months back, so that I can recreate the stock list that met the parameters on that date. I&#39;m struggling with it and could use some help please.

The PCF looks at the number of stocks up 25% in the last month. It reads as follows:

C20 >= 5 AND (AVGC20 * AVGV20) >= 2500 AND 100 * (C - C20) / C20 >= 25

As I say, it works just fine.

I need to look at the list of stocks that met this condition, on Dec 31, 2013 (which is 60 trading days ago as of March 28, 2014). I&#39;ve tried every combination I can think of and cannot get it to come to the correct conclusion for that date.

Can someone help me?

Topic: Question about PCF values changing, from day to day for the same day in the past.
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:20:44 AM

THank you!