Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Short Continuation PCF Formula Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
QuickFingersLuc
Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:29:04 AM

I want to scan for stocks that are down on the day with higher than usual volume but have rebounde part way, looking to enter for a short continuation move. I would like a PCF Formula to find stocks that are:

-Down on the day -2% or greater from yesterdays close,

-But have had a quick rebound part of the move, so off todays low by half a percent up or more

-Todays volume is greater than usual, so todays current average 10min volume bar should be 2 times yesterdays average 10min volume bar..

Thanks,

Luc

QuickFingersLuc
Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:51:33 AM

Actually can I get even more specific about the rebound action.. instead of half a percent from todays low.. Can you code a rebound on today of 1 third of the move down…  So that would be yesterdays close minus todays low, then 30% of that number = X and so the stock would have to be atleast X or greater off todays low..  

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:09:39 AM

Worden Trainer

There isn't any good way to compare the average volume of the 10-minute bars in the trading day so far to the average volume of the 10-minute bars from the previous trading day.

What you could do is create a condition which doesn't check for volume to use as a scan condition.

.98 * C1 >= L AND 10 * C >= 7 * L + 3 * C1

Then sort the resulting scan by Volume Buzz.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles