Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How to turn off "writing option symbols" Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jbclem
Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 8:41:11 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Everytime I start up v18, there is a delay while the "writing option symbols" occurs.  Since I don't use options I'd like to streamline the startup and skip this step.  Is there a way to do this?

John

bcochrane
Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 10:46:54 AM

This suggestion has already been made, and may work its way out in a future release. If I remember correctly, there is nothing that you can do in the interim

jbclem
Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 1:53:10 AM

Thanks...if they'll just put their energy into getting accurate fundamental data, I don't mind waiting on this one.  It's just an unnecessary annoyance.

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 9:45:52 AM

QUOTE (jbclem)
...if they'll just put their energy into getting accurate fundamental data...

Michael and his Worden crew were in Chicago last weekend for their annual visit to the greatest city in the world.

He brought up something in class that's worth repeating here. Not trying to pass the buck, but the data is only as good as the providers who feed it to Worden.

To borrow a cliche from the post 9/11 days: If you see something, say something.

Yeah, it can be a pain in the a## but if you shoot off an email to Customer Service or post something here for StockGuy, they will look into it. These days there are massive amounts of data available, and I'm sure they'd appreciate all the help they can get.

Just a thought. :)

jbclem
Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 1:50:19 AM

Al, I've just now read your reply post  and I have two things to say about what you've said...

First, if the data is only as good as the providers who feed it to Worden, then why are they still using Morningstar.  If Reuters is supplying good fundamental data to Investor's Business Daily, then it seems that if you want to have the best data you would get it from Reuters.  I've tried, and failed, to go on the Morningstar website to find the original data so I could figure out it they are the problem or if Worden is the problem.  But I'm not a Morningstar customer so I haven't found a way to access the fundamental data items I'm interested in (EPS % Change for current and previous quarters, ROE).  If you know of a way, please let me know as that would be very helpful.

Second, I did contact Customer Service and they said they would look into this problem...and I never heard anything more about it, and the problem has persisted.  This was one or two years ago.  I would contact Peter Worden if I knew how to do so.

I hope you see this and have a response...but since there doesn't seem to be a way to notify forum users of topic replies, I'm not holding my breath.

John