Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Conditional Orders in v18 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
chris100
Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:56:23 PM

In the v18 beta, it seems that conditional orders are only available for limit orders. Are there plans to make conditional orders available for stop and stop limit orders? There are plenty of times when I want to buy a buy stop order, but I only want to make the order if the stock hasn't broken below a certain level. This causes me to have to monitor the price action and cancel an order if needed. Conditional buy orders would be a great asset to my trading if this was possible.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:29:01 AM

Worden Trainer

The answer is no, you wlll probably never be able to use conditional ordering to place a stop order. If you think about it a stop order is just a price condition that releases either a market or limit order. You could add a price condition to your order to simulate this if you want.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
chris100
Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:18:12 AM

Thank you for your reply, Bruce.

When you say "You could add a price condition to your order to simulate this if you want.", are you saying there is currently a way to do this in TC2000? I haven't seen anything like that.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:55:40 AM

Worden Trainer

So when you set up your market order or limit order you can click on the little blue funnel to edit your condition order. Choose Add Condition | Basic | PRICE and then set up the price condition as desired.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles