Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Persisting Stocks On Watchlist Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mvcathey
Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 10:07:58 PM

Is there a way to have a stock remain on a watchlist after the condition is false? For example, if I am scanning when two averages cross, the stock hits the watchlist at crossing but is removed after the crossing. Is there a way to have the stock be 'sticky'? I'd like to have a list of all stocks that met that conditon at the end of trading day.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:17:00 AM

Worden Trainer

If you had meant that it had been true during a previous bar, then you can set the EasyScan to be Within X Bars for that condition.

I think you mean say a daily condition formula for say the daily 10 period exponential moving average crossing down through the daily 20 period exponential moving average. There isn't a generalized way to do this. You can't set the EasyScan Condition to continue returning true throughout the rest of the trading day if it returned true at any point during the trading day.

Specific formulas could be written written for some example, For example in our EMA10 crossing down through EMA20 example, we could check to see if EMA10 was above EMA20 during the previous daily bar but was at or below the EMA20 at the low of the current trading day.

(2 * L + 9 * XAVGC10.1) / 11 < (2 * L + 19 * XAVGC20.1) / 21 AND XAVGC10.1 >= XAVGC20.1

But you have to be able to write the formula, and you have to know the conditions which would make the desired formula have been true at least some point during the trading day.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles