Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000 V.18 Changing Candles Anyone? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Benzaiten
Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:48:14 PM

Hello all,

New user here - I signed up for TC2000 yesterday and spent the day configuring the GUI. I love the layout features (numerous UI downfalls aside, e.g. poorly implemented horizontal line drawing), but today I noticed possible discrepancies with candle drawing which give me concern for the underlying reliability of the product.

I was taking a screenshot of a TC2000 chart (below) for a different reason (illustrating differences in candle drawing between TC2000 and TradingView). I happened to come back 5 minutes later and take a second screenshot. It was at that moment, I realised the TC2000 candles were different between the first and second screenshots!

Below are the first and the second TC2000 screenshot side-by-side.

Could anyone offer any comment? Is this normal? I have never seen this with TradingView. Is this down to rounding errors as the chart is redrawn? Could being a low-priced stock combine with rounding to make this more likely?

Thank you,

Alan

Benzaiten
Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:01:00 PM

Furthermore, the second TC2000 image (taken ~5 mins later), nearly exactly matches the same time period on TradingView, whereas the first one contains numerous small differences.

Alan

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:28:27 PM

Worden Trainer

I am not in the data department and am still awaiting a more definitive response, but there may be two different things involved in this (in combination or not) based on my own first glance.

The first is what you speculated. It is a low priced stock. In fact, the differences in the candles in the two screen shots all appear to to be 1/2 cent or less. You can get these sorts of visual differences just by having the different zooms (or streaming versus 1-minute data) round up or round down to whatever arbitrary number of digits is required to display the data.

The second should not be an issue if the screen shots are actually about 5 minutes apart, but could be an issue if the screen shots are further apart than that. The most recent 15 minutes of real time is based on streaming prices. Any data older than 15 minutes has the bars replaced based on 1-minute history.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Benzaiten
Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:39:45 PM

Bruce,

Thanks for your response.

The second screenshot is taken about 6 minutes after the first, so both should therefore be based on the same realtime data stream, and yet the second contains numerous subtle differences.

I made the second point (about the second screenshot being the same as TradingView), because it suggests to me that the TC2000 candles in the first screenshot (the initial painting of the data) could therefore be inaccurate.

Yes, this is only in a low priced stock, but can I trust TC2000? I've never seen this kind of discrepancy in TradingView.

markhike
Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:57:20 PM

I believe this is caused by rounding artifacts due to the low prices of the stock. Those two graphs have slightly different zoom levels. Small inaccuracy in streaming data is very normal, no matter what software you use. It shouldn't affect your trading.