Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

What's New? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Golfman25
Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:12:57 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hello all.  Back here after several years out of the game focusing on regular business and raising kids.  Was a platnum member with real time and chat and stuff.  Looking to pick back up.  Looks a lot different these days -- brokerage, no chat, etc.  So tell me whats new with TC2000 -- the good, the bad, and the ugly?   Thanks in advance.  

Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:15:19 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

The good - Version 12.6 is still available (i.e. no brokerage crap).  It's fast and flexible. 

The bad - Posts Worden considers "inappropriate" are forever deleted.   

The ugly - The Worden family has not sold out yet. 

markhike
Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 12:19:23 PM

You would need to go to V17 if you want good scanning capability. The PCF in 12.6 and V16 is crappy. The brokerage link is not very intrusive and not a big deal. The V18 is good too with additional enhancements, but is not yet stable. Stick to V17 for now.

bcochrane
Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:52:28 AM

Three enhancements which I would mention:

1. Ability to work with options as well as stocks
  2. Some very nice enhancements to the PCF language (CountTrue, TrueInRow etc) which both shorten PCF's and allow doing PCFs which weren't possible before, Best intro is http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=66280
  3. Interface to their brokerage firm. I'd love to be able to use it, but not for everyone. With it came paper trading. Useful for tracking position P&L and creating additional Alerts.

and with the course of time, additional PCFs developed by Bruce. Example the TTM Squeeze is now available in TC2000. Of interest only if you want to use it, of course. Have to dig around the Forums to find these of course.

Cheers

bcochrane
Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:56:09 AM

And I forgot to mention

Ability to link a TC2000 stock symbol to external websites (Google, Yahoo etc). Look under Notes & News tab. The external website web page changes automatically whenever you change the active TC20000 symbol