Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

technitrader Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
greenberret1960
Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2004 8:09:11 PM
i am studying technitrader and chuck hughes therories
is that a good place to start as i am interested in stock and options been trading for years thru IBD but use my own theroies
just looking for some input from you all because you have worked longer with them than i have
Doug_H
Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2004 8:45:43 PM

Worden Trainer

greenberret1960:

I've moved your post to the TC2000 forum, since the Ask a Trainer forum is more for questions about features in TeleChart.

I am not familiar with technitrader or chuck hughes theories.

Perhaps some of you out there reading these discussion boards are familiar with Mr. Hughes and Technitrader and would be willing to provide a little input for greenberret1960!

- Doug
Teaching Online!
quantum7
Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2004 9:15:45 PM
I have the Technitrader stock market training. I'm a beginner and before buy it I made a small research. You can find out some comments in www.elitetrader.com site under "technitrader". Technitrader course includes and recommend TC2000 charting program. Looks useful and professional training. Also I received a personal comment from a elitetrader member.

"
Re: TT
Hello,

I think that every course you come across will have both positive and negative reviews ... it is completely based on the person's style who reviews it. For example, that guy who said the technitrader course wan't good probably has either a much-shorter term perspective or much longer. Every course that I have seen I have picked up at least one or two pieces of information that I didn't know before ... making the course well worth the price tag. While I don't think that any one course will teach to trade completely, I think the technitrader course will bring you up to speed very fast. I personally swing trade options and did pull away a few gems from the technitrader course. Swing trading is basically holding a position from anywhere from 2-10 days. I would highly reccomend Pristine to you. They are very good and illustrate things in a simple manner. Dave Landry from tradingmarkets is also very good. As far as canslim goes ... it is more fundamentally-based. I trade purely on the technicals. The fundamentals are critical if you are trading over a longer time-frame (say like 6-8 months or more) but the revenue a company has is not going to effect the next week's worth of price movement. That is why I don't use it.
Thank you for your time,
Mike"

Like other methods mentioned here, also I found Pitbull Investor system and Pristin. Pitbull was developed under some part of CANSLIM method. (IBD)

quantum7
Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2005 2:10:26 PM
Technitrader course recommend and teach TC2000, however I received some days ago a sales offer from Metastock End of day. What are the main differences between both?
Craig_S
Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2005 2:57:01 PM

Worden Trainer

The trainer's here are not users of Metastock (shock!) but let's see if there are others out there that may offer their opinion.

- Craig
Here to Help!
Andreas
Posted : Monday, January 10, 2005 8:52:14 AM
I've been swing trading for a few years and took the Technitrader course last year. I did not get much from it and, if swing trading, would recommend something else. Dave Landry's (Dave Landry on Swing Trading) is much better and much cheaper. Don't go for Landry's video though. It's mainly just his book with a few minor things added and the price increased 10 times.
roniseb
Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2005 3:14:18 PM
Hi Andreas,

I am currently reading Dave Landry on Swing Trading and his 10 Best Trading Patterns and Strategies. For one thing it is an easy read. Do you know if those strategies were backtested and any results from them? Have you tried his swing trading newsletter?
kltrades
Posted : Friday, January 14, 2005 11:04:20 AM
I am also studying Technitrader. Been doing it for about 2 months. I keep going back to the DVD's and keep learning more everytime. I think it's a great tool. Good Luck!