Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Can new coding capabilities solve this problem? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
traderlady
Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:27:52 PM

I am using TC Platinum Streaming. 

And, in order to identify a Support/Resistance Line today, I have placed the following as a "Custom PCF % True" at the bottom of my chart. 

This shows a Close Down followed by a Close Up, and C1 equals OPEN:

O1>C1 AND O<C AND C1=O

I would like the O (for OPEN) to be for Today, but the chart shows the OPEN to be two days ago.  So, that's my problem -- and I am wondering if there is a way to solve this.

As an example, let's look at CBPX today.

My chart shows the Support Line at $23.75 to have formed on February 24th and 27th, 2017.

Is there a way to have the Support Line ($23.75) on February 27th or at the very least on February 28th?

ALSO, HERE'S THE SCAN I'VE CREATED, which I've named "Long S/R Today 170301"

O2>C2 AND O1<C1 AND C>C1 AND C2=O1

In order to make the scan work, I have had to use the above PCF Condition...

... because I cannot make the C (in C>C1) to indicate the "one-day-before".

With the new coding capabilities now available, is there a way to solve this problem?

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:36:42 PM

Administration

For CBPX, the 24th was a Close Down, the 27th was a close up and the open on the 27th is equal to the close on the 24th. 

Not sure what you think is wrong with the formula.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:48:52 PM

Worden Trainer

So do you want to draw the support line? Or are you interested in drawing the value of the close of the last bar where the support line condition was true? Or something else entirely?

Using the following as the Formula in a Custom PCF Indicator with the Plot Style set to Dots plotted in the same pane and scale as price would plot dots at what I think is the most recent support value based on your description for 10 bars in TC2000 v17.

IIF(O1 > C1 AND O < C AND C1 = O, O, IIF(O2 > C2 AND O1 < C1 AND C2 = O1, O1, IIF(O3 > C3 AND O2 < C2 AND C3 = O2, O2, IIF(O4 > C4 AND O3 < C3 AND C4 = O3, O3, IIF(O5 > C5 AND O4 < C4 AND C5 = O4, O4, IIF(O6 > C6 AND O5 < C5 AND C6 = O5, O5, IIF(O7 > C7 AND O6 < C6 AND C7 = O6, O6, IIF(O8 > C8 AND O7 < C7 AND C8 = O7, O7, IIF(O9 > C9 AND O8 < C8 AND C9 = O8, O8, IIF(O10 > C10 AND O9 < C9 AND C10 = O9, O9, 0)))))))))) / SGN(CountTrue(O1 > C1 AND O < C AND C1 = O, 10))

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
traderlady
Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:34:11 PM

Yes I want to draw a Support Line at $23.75 in the case of CBPX. "My chart shows the Support Line at $23.75 to have formed on February 24th and 27th, 2017."

I've tried your indicator in an Easy Scan, and it doesn't provide the results I am looking for, which is a Support Line on either February 27th or 28th.

Any other ideas?

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:38:21 PM

Worden Trainer

I guess I do not understand what you are trying to do and will need further clarifaction from you as to your actual intent. I don't know what you mean by "in the EasyScan".

The formula does in fact draw a row of dots on the chart which includes February 27, 2017, February 28, 2017 and March 1, 2017 at a value of 23.75 on a daily chart of CBPX when it is used as the Formula in a Custom PCF Indicator in the same pane and scale as price and with the Plot Style set to Dots.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
traderlady
Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:52:28 PM

I tried your formula as a Custom Indicator on the chart, which turned out not to make sense.

Then, I placed your formula into a New > Indicator (PCF) Formula.  Finally, I put it into an Easy Scan with just this one criteria.  Scanning All Common Stocks resulted in 938 hits.

Had the formula worked according to my needs, it would have consistently shown a Down Day Yesterday and an Up Day Today with a Support Line under the Close Yesterday at the same level as the Open Today. 

If this is not possible with the new coding capabilities, alternately, it would have consistently shown a Down Day 2-Days Ago and an Up Day Yesteday, with a Support Line under the Close 2-Days Ago at the same level as the Open yesterday.  

I would use this formula in an Easy Scan along with Price and Volume criteria to scan a list of stocks to find instances when the Support Line described above has occurred.

I would expect to use a Custom PCF % True Indicator at the bottom of my chart to show each instance of this kind of support both for Today (or alternately Yesterday) as well as each instance in the past.

I hope this clarifies what I am looking for...  Please don't hesitate to ask additional questions as needed.

traderlady
Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:10:50 PM

When I started this discussion I was using the Condition below in my Easy Scan:

O2>C2 AND O1<C1 AND C>C1 AND C2=O1

Now, I've just figured out how to make everything consistently work.

My mistake was using C>C1 in the above Condition.  

In addition I had to change C2=O1 to C1=O.

So my new condition (which works both in the Easy Scan and on the Chart) is:

O1>C1 AND O<C AND C1=O

So all is well and there's no need for you to struggle with my problem.  Thanks, Bruce.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:12:55 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome. I am happy to read you were able to figure it out on your own.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles