Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

PCF for Positive Divergence Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
treefella
Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 12:57:38 PM

Hi

Can you please give me a PCF for when price gi gradually going down and TSV is gradually going up?

TSV turned up on JBL on 4/12/16 while the price continued to go down. I bought on 5/17 and am up a bit since. 

I would like to find similar divergences if there is a PCF for that. Maybe going back between 3 and 6  weeks.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:07:03 PM

Worden Trainer

I'm not sure about the gradually part, but here is a a simple way to search for a divergence between Price History and TSV.

Click on Price History and select Create Scan Condition. Then select Moving Down from the Condition drop-down menu. Then set the Period of the Condition to the number of bars over which you wish to check for a divergence.

Create Conditions from Your Chart (5:25)

Then do the same thing with the TSV indicator, but choose Moving Up instead of Moving Down. Note that you will not want to use the % versions of either the Moving Up or Moving Down conditions when applied to TSV because TSV can cross through 0.

You can then add both the Conditions to the same EasyScan. Checking for a divergence where Price History was Moving Up and TSV was Moving Down would just be a matter of switching around how you created the Conditions.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions (7:29)

A variation on this would be to add a Linear Regression Line indicator to one or both of the indicators and then click on the Linear Regression Line instead of the indicator to create the moving up and moving down conditions.

You would want to set the period of the moving up or moving down condition applied to a Linear Regression Line to just 1 as the period of the period of the Linear Regression Line is actually determing the number of bars over which the underlying indicator is moving up or down.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
treefella
Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 5:30:49 PM

Thanks Bruce.

I fiddle with that.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:44:10 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce