Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Hi bruce.. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
sharppolly
Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 3:13:50 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Could play around with the linear regression in Log mode and see if all is well?  It has never been perfect, butit seems to have taken a turn for the worse in the latest update.

Thnx for your time.

Sharp

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 1, 2016 12:29:38 PM

Worden Trainer

The linear regression lines in TC2000 v12/v16 are calculated based on actual values. This means the lines will generally looked curved when the scaling is set to logarithmic.

Since this is a math thing, it hasn't changed in recent versions.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
sharppolly
Posted : Monday, February 1, 2016 7:03:58 PM

Thanx for your reply. 

The reason I say that, and based upon your statement... that it is a math thing, I can say that it works perfectly in vs 7.  Its not a deal breaker for me, but I would wonder aloud why the 'math thing' didnt make from the vs 7 to this.  It also works fine in yahoo charts in log mode as well as fidelitys charts, it would just be nice to have this tool within the vs16.

Thnx for your time.

Sharp

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 9:51:44 AM

Worden Trainer

TC2000 v7 calculates its linear regression lines using the chart. So it does a linear regression of the logarthmic values and then converts back to price if the chart is set to a logarthmic scale.

TC2000 v12/v16 calculates its linear regression lines using the actual price values. So no conversion to and from logarthmic values is ever done.

I do not know why one program does it one way and the other programs do it the other way.

That it is a math thing was not meant as a comment as to if the feature is or is not possible, but as a comment on if it changed in the latest update. It did not change.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
sharppolly
Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 7:05:40 PM

Ok I get it,

And trying not to beat the dead horse, but is linear regression in log mode useless in v16 and if so, is there any way to fix this?  It seems a pretty standard tool for charting and , although I am quite certain the math is sophisticated, it seems the technology for a fix has already been uncovered and freely used. 

If it seems I am disappointed, its because I may use 3 or 4 of the drawing tools in TC and that is one of them.  This would complete my transition from vs 7 to 16.

thnx again and if this is just the way it is going to be i can get over it.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2016 9:01:09 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles