Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Historical intra-day Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
cortner
Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:43:00 AM

I am sure this question has been asked before but I could not locate a thread.

Can either TC2000 or StockFinder pull historical intra-day (say 30min. interval) charts that go back a few years? I currently use stockfinder and can only seem to pull intra-day 30min data for the last 3 market days or so.

Thanks,

Cortner

Gr8Trades
Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:23:52 AM

At time of installation, SF gives you about 3months of intraday data, if I'm correct. Once you start using it, it accumulates the data. I installed SF in 2008, and I can go back to 2008 with intraday charts (given that 5000 bars of intraday is the maximum).

It would be nice if worden would allow to download historical data.

I always backup my stockfinderV5 data folder, so in case I re-install SF, I can simply re-load my historical data.

I wouldn't mind sharing my data folder, but I doubt Worden would agree with that.

Bruce?

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:58:36 AM

Worden Trainer

Gr8Trades,
You can use the folder for your own backup purposes (it is a great idea actually), but you can't send the folder to somebody else without violating the license.

cortner,
We can sell a USB stick with a MegaMinute package for $295 which has intraday data on it going back to October 1, 2008 to customers with an active StockFinder Platinum account.

The package is only for use in StockFinder 5 and StockFinder 5.1 and currently has about 21GB of intraday data. You are still limited to 5000 bars in the program unless you use a Length Limit Block. The Length Limit Block only works with items that have Block Diagrams, so there are places in the program where the 5000 bar limit cannot be bypassed.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles