Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Question on Block Diagram versus Realcode Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
dempsey30338
Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 3:11:24 PM

Dear Worden Support,

Using Stockfinder 5.0 I have been developing several block diagrams to perform some chart analysis; however, recently when I close and restart the chart, the block diagram is circumvented and replaced by a Realcode Indicator block that prevents the block diagram from working. I have to go in and reconnect the blocks for the output to perform correctly. I have not written any realcode for the diagam and I do not know how to "disconnect" any relationship between the Realcode Indicator function and the block diagram. Please give me some insight into how to solve my problem.

Thanks for your help,

Dempsey Wallace

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:47:28 AM

Worden Trainer

It sounds like you are attempting to edit the Block Diagram of a RealCode Indicator or RealCode Condition. You shouldn't do this as these Block Diagrams are not designed to be edited.

You could theoretically do this on a temporary basis (as you have done), but RealCode is compiled each time the RealCode is modified or loaded for the first time during a given a session. This dynamically creates a new Block Diagram.

If you want to create a RealCode Indicator, the correct way to do so is to select Add Indicator/Condition to Chart and choose New Indicator From Diagram with is all the way at the bottom of the list.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles