Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Stockfinder vs. tc2000 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
joepipitone
Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:30:14 PM

I am confused about Stockfinder 5  vs.  tc2000 version 12.3 (currrent). 

I see the need to code some indicatiors and conditions that are not otherwise available.

I have used tc2000 for a year, I can''t find much  formal documentation, use guides, references that I see exist in stockfinder.

Support says the two have equivalent capabilites. 

When would someone need to use stockfiner vs. tc2000?  It looks to me that some capabilities are more robust in stcokfinder.  Would a trader need both? 

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Joe
Java56
Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:48:48 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

I tend to use stockfinder more.  It has indexes.  Once you understand the power of building your own index it is very powerful.  Nothing compares to it, tradestation or ninja trader don't hold a candle to it.  It needs more work in the backtest area, but again nothing compares to it and I have experience with many platforms. 

You can get alerts from most brokers now, the data points offered by TC2000 are too short for finding resistances.  I always go back to the old Telechart or use stockfinder when drawing trend lines.

Don't get me wrong, both packages are good, but worden had really upped the service with stockfinder.  They still support it, but have stopped development and went to the cloud concept.

The more I use stockfinder the more I appreciate it's speed in development and testing abilities.  I do all my lab work in it.  The real key here, is that the more I use stockfinder the more money I learn to make.

Hope this helps.

joepipitone
Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:48:07 AM

Hello, 

I use the alerts in tc2000, they are much more capable than my broker,  and I have coded some scans that work well.

I guess I will work my way through tc2000 then take a look at stockfinder when I hit the wall.

Thanks,

joe

Briana Walker
Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:08:32 AM

Those looking for technical analysis and charting software will perhaps find a more diverse collection than that offered in other categories of investment software.TC2000 version 11 is in Beta release officially...

StockGuy
Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:58:53 AM

Administration

TC2000 version 12 is available at www.TC2000.com.  Version 11 is no longer available.