Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Projected crossover based on price change Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Java56
Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:24:42 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Do we have any way to return a value that represents when a condition will be true based on price or maybe volume? A simple example would be BMY has a current (12, 26, 9 MACD) of -2, if the price crosses to 34.21 MACD will be zero.    Knowing the value the next day/hour etc. would be nice as it allows me to set up purchases based on limit orders. 

If that can’t be done do you guys have a discussion where maybe I could put in the values and calculate it myself? (Suspect that if I calulate it, it would require a download of stock prices and I think I can get the daily stock values from the gold edition.)
Thank you
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 2:15:49 PM

Worden Trainer

There isn't a built in way to do this. Let's say you wanted to know what the price would need to be tomorrow for the raw Exponential MACD 12,26 to be equal to zero tomorrow. The formula would be:

(325 * XAVGC26 - 297 * XAVGC12) / 28

Which comes from:

13 * 25 * XAVGC26 - 11 * 27 * XAVGC12) / (13 * 25 - 11 * 27)

Which in turn comes from:

((12 + 1) * (26 - 1) * XAVGC26 -  (12 - 1) * (26 + 1) * XAVGC12) / ((12 + 1) * (26 - 1) - (12 - 1) * (26 + 1))

The required formula just depends on what data you have and what value you are attempting to predict. The math can end up being a bit difficult to do and the resulting formulas may end up being too long to practical or be posted.

Cascades of Moving Averages

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles