Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Pasting Symbols Into Watchlist From Web Page Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Stix
Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 2:42:26 PM

I watched a Worden video recently about copying and pasting symbols from a web page to a StockFinder watchlist. I've tried on several web pages now, with no success. I select and copy the information in the table on the web page, then right click in my watchlist area and select paste,  but nothing happens. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Stix

bobre1
Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 4:18:39 PM
Can you supply a website url for which this does not work Stix?

Bob
Stix
Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 4:47:55 PM
Here's one example...from Yahoo.

http://finance.yahoo.com/actives?e=us

bobre1
Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 4:58:39 PM
The issue is that you can't select only the symbols from the symbol column directly from the web page.  When you do a copy, you get text from all the rest of the columns as well (Name, Last Trade, etc.).

If you have Microsoft Excel, you can select the data from the web page, then "paste" into Excel.  The symbols will be pasted into their own column.

You can then select only they symbols from the first column, copy, then paste them into a StockFinder watchlist.

Bottom line is you need  a list of symbols separated with a carriage return to paste into a StockFinder watchlis.

Bob