Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Dame Learner's scan for stocks with increasing EPS over the last 4 quarters Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Doug_H
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2004 11:36:41 AM

Worden Trainer

keywords: EasyScan EPS earnings increase P/E ratio Dame Learner Worden Report create

- Doug
Teaching Online!

To view this video you must have Macromedia Flash Player and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5+
shirleyd13
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2004 3:37:07 PM
I dont see anything here. Am I doing something wrong? The upper window is empty except for keywords
Doug_H
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2004 3:40:08 PM

Worden Trainer

If you're having trouble viewing any of the training videos, make sure you have the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player installed. Click here to download:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/

This has helped a bunch of folks who couldn't see the video in the window. If you're still having trouble after installing the latest version of the Flash player, let us know.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
shirleyd13
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2004 3:57:32 PM
I just installed Flash and I still have no video in the window just a blank. I am using Firefox and I may switch to IE
Doug_H
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2004 4:02:16 PM

Worden Trainer

Here is some information someone posted who was using Foxfire. Can't guarantee it will help...but it may! Look it over, and hopefully you'll have some success. If no, let us know. We may have to refer you at that point to our technical support staff.

I hope I will be allowed to offer some help to those, like me, that are hardcore Mozilla FireFox converts. As explained in the above posts, I was unable to get the video to load when I selected the link. It was not a security issue that I can tell, but simply that this version of FireFox does not respond to the type of link being used to invoke the video. The IE browser does.

So, rather than find that dusty IE icon (aarrghh), here is a handy FireFox plugin (extension) that automatically pulls up IE for that single task of viewing the video, and then politely puts it away untill called upon again.

In your FireFox browser:

1. Select Tools > Extensions
2. If you do not have "IEview", select "Get More Extensions" on the lower right hand corner of the window.

3. That will open up the Mozilla Update web page, where you can select IEview. Follow the install instructions.

4. Once installed, you use it simply by "Right Clicking" on a Worden forum link that opens a video.

5. You will get a picklist and one of the selections says "Open Link Target in IE". Select that (Left click) and enjoy the video!!

6. When you have completed viewing the video, simply click on the "X" in the upper right of the window to close it, and you are back with FireFox (ain't it beautiful..!!).

DISCLAIMER: This "Extension" is freeware, offered by Mozilla as an add-on to their browser programs. I have no connection with Mozilla, the author of this (or any other!) add-on. Nor do I claim it will make you rich, famous, or that it will even work for you. It works for me by making my browsing easier and more efficient....'nuff said, proselytizing done!

Again...this didn't come from our tech staff, but from another user who was having trouble view our training videos. He was kind enough to post his solution. Hope it works for you.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
shirleyd13
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2004 4:04:09 PM
I just viewed the video on IE but it wont come through on Firefox
Doug_H
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2004 4:09:28 PM

Worden Trainer

Yeah...sounds right! Check out my post above.

If you have access to IE (sounds like you do), that may be your easiest route to viewing the videos.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
AyrLass
Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:18:30 PM
Thanks for the tip on Firefox, Doug.
henrietta
Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2006 9:32:10 AM
I would appreciate a few simple formulas in regard of MA
I am a complete idiot when it comes to formulation.

I would like to know the formula for sorting stocks that are above their 20 day ma

stocks that are above their 50 day ma

tx,
henrietta
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2006 9:40:36 AM

Worden Trainer

henrietta,
Please try one of the following:

Price Above 20-Period Simple Moving Average:

C > AVGC20

Price Above 20-Period Exponental Moving Average:

C > XAVGC20

Price Above 50-Period Simple Moving Average:

C > AVGC50

Price Above 50-Period Exponental Moving Average:

C > XAVGC50

It is generally better to create a new topic if the current topic is not related to your question:

Learn how to use the forums: post a new topic, reply, Search existing topics

You may wish to review the following:

Understanding Moving Averages - Part I, The Basics
Understanding Moving Averages - Part II, Using Multiple Averages
Create PCFs and EasyScans to find moving average crossovers
How to create a Personal Criteria Forumula (PCF)
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
henrietta
Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2006 12:15:44 PM
tx,

now that i have set charts to my own settings how do i go back to the original settings? tx
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2006 12:22:10 PM

Worden Trainer

henrietta,
Select File | Backup/Restore TeleChart 2005 Files | Chart Templates. Then choose the Chart Template you wish to restore and select the oldest version.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
blackstc
Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:02:55 PM
Doug

In creating a Dame Lerner Scan, I can't seem to get 2.5% to come up on the latest quarter. Are we supposed to use .02 for that one? seems like there are differences in the 2007 vs the version you used in 2004 when you originally recorded that scan.

- Tom B
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 20, 2006 2:58:15 PM

Worden Trainer

blackstc,
Values change over time. Just use the closest available values when creating your EasyScan.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
alindsley
Posted : Monday, November 20, 2006 3:45:35 PM

I recently went back and read Dame Learners original post. In there she talks about her 2nd scan. She said:

>>In this one instead of all 4 of the last Quarters, I only use the EPS change for the latest Quarter, then add Revenue Growth (for the last four quarters) in the top 50 percentile, Rank 50 to max, and PE Rank 1 to 43 which makes the PE value less than about 19.

Not being keen on fundamentals, as yet, I was wondering if any part of her comments (or perhaps something not mentioned) could be added to the scan, created from the original video, which could reveal an even more fundamentally sound company. If so, could you direct me as to the steps to add?

For example: the Revenue Growth for the last 4 quarters, which is mentioned. Would that add to, or take away from the original scans fundamentally sound search if I were to simply add that to the scan? And, 2nd is there any additional fundamentals I might wish to add which would strengthen the fundmental scan of All Stocks?

Hope this makes sense.
TIA!!
Art

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 20, 2006 3:54:44 PM

Worden Trainer

alindsley,
The trainers cannot give settings, interpretation or investment advice. You can send an email to Dame Learner's attention at support@worden.com if you wish to get clarification from the author.

After Mr. Worden publishes an article, many times other customers have questions that can only be answered by the author of the article. We do not give out anyone’s email address or other personal information, rather, we will just forward their email on to the appropriate person. The individual may or may not choose to respond directly to you.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
scottnlena
Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:33:25 PM

How often are the fundamental things updatedin telechart. EPS, PE, Revenue growth,% held by institutions,insiders etc? Just to get an idea of how to view the information in mid quarter. I would asume quarterly.
scottnlena
Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:39:31 PM

Does it matter what order these criteria are in for creating the above scan?
StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:51:49 PM

Administration

QUOTE (scottnlena)
Does it matter what order these criteria are in for creating the above scan?

No, the order of the criteria in the scan does not change the results.
scottnlena
Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:59:36 PM

did you see my prior post about the frequency of updating the fundamental data in Telechart?
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:43:51 PM

Worden Trainer

As soon as new data is released it is updated in your TeleChart the following Saturday.

So if new earnings numbers come out on a stock, the earnings will be updated in your TeleChart the first Saturday following.

- Craig
Here to Help!
kennerhk
Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:16:57 PM
Does TC have an EasyScan option to show YOY Quarterly EPS % change? In other words, the percentage difference between the current quarter and the same quarter a year ago? This is a very common criteria, but I didn't see it in the video pull-down.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 25, 2007 3:06:47 PM

Worden Trainer

kennerhk,
EPS Percent Change (Latest Q) - The percentage change in earnings per share from the comparable quarter a year before. Timely stocks will usually have strong recent quarterly earnings to validate the annual earnings strength. This reads in percentage.

EPS Percent Change (2nd Q back) - The percentage change in earnings per share from the comparable quarter a year before.

EPS Percent Change (3rd Q back) - The percentage change in earnings per share from the comparable quarter a year before.

EPS Percent Change (4th Q back) - The percentage change in earnings per share from the comparable quarter a year before.

You may wish to review the following:

Definitions of all built in scanning and sorting criteria

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles