Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Finding un filled gaps in any timeframe Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
kadnet1
Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:44:53 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hi,

Im trying to add an indication to my charts that will show me any un filled gaps at any timeframe down to the minute.

I have the Gappers formula {-1 * (L>H1)  + -2 *  (H<L1)}, but this shows all gaps and I'm only interested in those that remain unfilled from where the current price is.

I saw a post you replied to about unfilled gaps previously "Gap that hasnt been filled" but this was specifically for 30 days history and the formula was very lengthy & repetative and the formula didnt seem to identify un filled gaps {C1 < L OR H < C1} like the Gappers one above. The Gappers formula I mentioned earlier seems to hit the gaps I'm interested in but I'd like to tailor this to only the unfilled.

I'd like to be able to see these either indicated or better yet (depending on the direction) show the previous bars (lower or upper) value of where the gap has been left.

If the current price has either raised or lowered beyond that gap value then these values would be not shown as they had been filled.

Initially i'd like to be able to get this for each day on a minute chart, but ideally for whatever candle range / timeframe i'm currently displaying.

Is this possible?. I've been trying to work this out but hit a dead end! I'd really appreciate if you could help me find a way to easily identify these on whatever chart I'm viewing. Or alternately guide me to a product / method I could use that can help identify them.

Regards,

Mike

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:53:46 PM

Worden Trainer

If you just want the unfilled gap between the end of the previous bar and the current bar.

L > H1 OR H < L1

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
kadnet1
Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 10:01:46 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hi Bruce,

No i want the unfilled gaps between many bars.

For example if im showing 200 bars, i only want to see those bars that that have gaps that have not yet been filled by the current price action value. So only showing the unfilled gaps.

Regards,

Mike

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 10:18:35 AM

Worden Trainer

I am sorry, but any such formula would be too long and slow to be practical or post in the forums.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles