Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Dividend ratios - Payout ratio & Coverage ratio Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
droberts55
Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:40:58 PM
what would be the best way to do scans for dividend payout ratios & coverage ratios? 
Payout ratio:  div per share / eps
Coverage ratio:  dividend per share x #shares (float) / net income (net cashflow).  

Morningstar data for SF seems to only offer Div Yield or Div Growth rate.  There is a CA Div per share, but when I click on that condition, the panel is blank.  I'm on a Platinum Suite subscription.   Seems that if that CA data would load, it would be possible to make Combo Conditions.

I was looking at TradeStation RadarScreen, which includes a PayoutRatio in its list of fundamental indicators.  http://www.tradestation.com/popups/strategy_testing/radar_indicators/default.htm trying to replicate these scans in StockFinder, which can graph fundamental....seems like it would be an advantage of SF over TS to be able to see trends in these fundamentals.   I had posed this question in the StockFinder 4 forum, never got a response.  
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:42:25 AM

Worden Trainer

The CA fields are for Canadian symbols only. We should be adding Dividend Payout and Coverage Ratio Indicators to StockFinder relatively soon (the plan is to add them within the next few days).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
mslifkin
Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:39:06 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)
The CA fields are for Canadian symbols only. We should be adding Dividend Payout and Coverage Ratio Indicators to StockFinder relatively soon (the plan is to add them within the next few days).

was dividend payout ration or coverage ratio ever added?  if not when will it

thanks

Mark - Gold member TC 2000

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:39:44 PM

Worden Trainer

These fundamentals were never added to either StockFinder or TC2000.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles