Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Chart Display Options - customize the look and functionality of your charts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Doug_H
Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2004 1:10:37 PM

Worden Trainer

Author: Doug Holden

Press the Play button on the bottom of the video to start.

keywords: chart display options system menu gridlines grid tool bar chart background classic TeleChart scaling bid and ask bars bundle late trades price overlay large chart spread price bars truncate volume bars chart markers chart window dividers trendlines trendline extensions chart layout mouse scrollwheel

- Doug
Teaching Online!

To view this video you must have Macromedia Flash Player and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5+
naybear
Posted : Friday, November 19, 2004 3:06:09 PM
Doug, In a multichart layout, how do I get the pointer from chart to chart? naybear
Doug_H
Posted : Friday, November 19, 2004 3:17:14 PM

Worden Trainer

naybear:

Currently, the pointer is only available on the active symbol chart.

Having the pointer available on the other charts is a great suggestion, though, and I will be sure to pass it along to the development guys.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
mahealani2
Posted : Monday, November 22, 2004 3:59:08 PM
Can I view the charts in candlestick form?
StockGuy
Posted : Monday, November 22, 2004 4:00:53 PM

Administration

Sure, just press CTRL-B to cycle between bar, line, Candle and bar with open charts.
pipeacosta
Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:29:52 PM
Im a fan of drawing  on my charts, so I have a few questions:
1) I have the  default black bakground, when I go to draw the cursor converts to a BLACK crosshore, resulting in not seeing it. Is there a way of changing the color of the drawing crosshore?
2) How can I be presice with the Horizontal Trend line, and pointed at Ex: 55.33 extactly? Can I manually with the numeric keys on the keyboard shifted up and down?
3) Do you have an option were the trendline automatically shows the value at wich it was set?
pipeacosta
Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:32:51 PM
Concernig the viewing options:
1) I like to draw 20% exit profit trendlines, how can i view the chart thath high, so I can draw the line?
2) How can I draw vertical line Ex: 10 days forward (future) from the current trading day?
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:36:09 AM

Worden Trainer

pipeacosta,
Most of these questions would have been far more appropriate in their own topic or if asked in the Drawing Trendlines, Regressions and Writing Notes on a chart topic as they don't specifically seem to relate to this one.

Learn how to use the forums: post a new topic, reply, Search existing topics

QUOTE (pipeacosta)
I have the  default black bakground, when I go to draw the cursor converts to a BLACK crosshore, resulting in not seeing it. Is there a way of changing the color of the drawing crosshore?

I can't say for sure if this is the cause, but this can frequently be corrected by changing your Precision Select cursor.

- Open Control Panel
- Open Mouse (listed under Printers and Other Hardware in some versions of Windows)
- Click the Pointers tab
- Select Precision Select and click Browse
- Change to a different crosshair and click Open

You might want to try cross_rm.

QUOTE (pipeacosta)
How can I be presice with the Horizontal Trend line, and pointed at Ex: 55.33 extactly?

Trendlines are drawing tools that must be placed with the cursor. I do not know of way to set them to an exact value (with the keyboard for example).

QUOTE (pipeacosta)
Can I manually with the numeric keys on the keyboard shifted up and down?

This on not an option that is currently available.

QUOTE (pipeacosta)
Do you have an option were the trendline automatically shows the value at wich it was set?

This is not an option that is currently available

QUOTE (pipeacosta)
I like to draw 20% exit profit trendlines, how can i view the chart thath high, so I can draw the line?

You can compress the Charts somewhat using the plus(+) and minus(-) keys on your keyboard but I don't believe this will get you to 20% for all symbols. It is possible to force a larger scaling using the Custom Scaling feature:

Chart scaling - arithmetic, logarithmic and custom scaling

QUOTE (pipeacosta)
How can I draw vertical line Ex: 10 days forward (future) from the current trading day?

It is not currently possible to draw trendlines or have indicators extend into the future in TeleChart.

It should probably be noted that the Drawing Tools in Blocks are far more extensive.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles