Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: 1btrader
About
User Name: 1btrader
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 59
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Rsi-TSV
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2007 2:27:46 AM
i watched a video a week ago at a friend's, the presenter was talking of an "RSI-TSV",it combines the two in one, rsi-14 and tsv 18,has a center line, no easier buy and sell than this.
Anyone seen knows about this pcf?
Topic: About Sir Seeker's "A few interesting Wrinkles"
Posted: Friday, October 5, 2007 8:39:05 PM
I tried following what he says in the note (10/03/07) until the section where starts talking of the 6 combinations and comparing them to a clock.
Anyone out there Got an easier interpretation of the whole note? I get it in parts but i think the universes one would create from those scans would make alot of sense in terms of o"versold", "under sold", "overbought"......
Topic: V>EMA(21)
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2007 12:21:20 AM
I hope i can make it more understandable but I need help writing a pcf for "Volume 1 day ago(yesterday) is greater than Volume EMA(21)"
i came up with V>XAVG(V.1,21) but im doubting it now since its not consistent with most charts comes up with a "true" , any suggestions?
Topic: V > its EMA.
Posted: Wednesday, October 3, 2007 11:14:11 PM
yesterday as in the trading day before today.
Topic: V > its EMA.
Posted: Wednesday, October 3, 2007 11:12:36 PM
modelling a certain pcf(i can't recall) i came up with "today's volume is greater than its EMA(21)" as V > XAVG(V1,21) so how do i write"Volume yesterday was greater than its EMA(21)"
I would just substitute V1 with V2 but by now im doubting the V1 in my initial formular.
Any suggestions?
Topic: Following on from Scottnlena's EXCEL response
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 12:19:48 AM
This is my experience with paper trading accounts,
Investopedia has no Stop limit orders, either market, stop or limit, look for Some thing that would simulate the exact order you would place in the real account.
OptionsXpress all orders are GTC ,no Day orders which is ok( most Day orders are Buys anyway and at the end of the day you can go in and cancel it if you don't like it unless you are on evening flight to the moon) BUT their worst setback is that you can't "manage" your trader (e.g adjust prices,stop losses)once you are in a trade in a simulator, if you want to, you have to cancel the whole order and place a new one the following day,(commissions adding up, confussion) when asked i got, "thats how our software works" but they are very quick in answering all your other questions.

Interactive Brokers (IB) not for newbies(other than trading screen everything else looks like you are writing a computer program) but the beauty with their system is that its exactly the same like the real account, but that too has its cons, customer service =0,so you've got to learn from someone using it or you read pages and pages of the mannual just to know how it works,they also have their own language like a (one trigger other order with them is Basket),webinars are by people advertising their products, not helping with the software. So for in my view its the best once you get familiar with it,plus the prices on there are ticking by the second aka live.

Get a simulated account that lets you do everything you would do in a real account.

Scottnlena, IB didn't have me take tests when i openned up the account,and im good for whatever is tradable, no limit.

As for Worden Software(nothing to do above) i was suprised they even have trainers,no only that but forums like this, you can ask your heart away .
I can run my own scans too, not get my results else where to come analyse the charts here. I haven't shopped around alot but with this PCF capability, i think one can't ask for more.

Topic: Scott - Finding Volume Leading Price
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 8:17:16 PM
I will call the 3 scans I,M and R for Instititional,Momentum and RSI scans
if you want stocks in all 3,Unflag all in system then go to say "I scan"; Flag all in current watchlist(or top symbol ,flag all below this i tem or.....anyway you can flag them there are many ways),then pull up the "M Scan" then click New watchlist click on "start with flagged symbols in current watchlist", name it,say A or B or...
Now you can "unflag all in system" so far you got stocks that meet the I and M criteria. Now pull up the new watchlist you just created,right click it,click "sublist",you get pop up then click "apply..." then in the drop down menu,click on your R aka "RSI scan" then ok, whatever you get, flag them and give it a name Apsll suggested Overlap Bulls
i could do it in less than a minute but yeah thats the explanation, kinda wordy but i hope you get it.

Im not by my telechart so i can't tell exactly whats is there thus the "apply...." and the like but thats how i would do it.

What do the RSI and Momentum Scans look like,im thinking they dont come with the software, so far i've seen the institutional scan but im yet to create it.
Thanks.

Topic: Silly, Illogical and weak argument....Mondays Worden report.
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:00:59 AM
This is one Merciless game where emotions are not accounted for.I just read the latest Worden note(9/11)and it confirms my view towards shorting, follow "the big boys" Hedge funds in this case, only that i can't Day trade yet.
Topic: About Excel Spread sheets.
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 3:49:34 AM
Thanks scott, its finally coming all together.
Topic: Silly, Illogical and weak argument....Mondays Worden report.
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:57:02 AM
Those good companies are in to make money too, right? Say one's Anticipated Move does Happen the way one expected,who gain?
I noticed a stock takes forever to go up, but how long does it take to tumble? it could take a stock 6 months to go up 15 points but on a bad day it can take fall 20 points, based on that i think that if one is in the game to make money then yeah shorting is good, better yet sell naked puts(gotta have the cash and experience).
I was taught and this is me, "if it looks bad short it" i don't know about you guys but with the current condition even my Bullish scans are pulling up shorts.
A lady with a teaching company was telling us (claims) how she and her sister back in 2001 as intermidiate traders were able to become millionaires shorting ENRON.
Shorting is good, in my view,very good,people making big $$ shorting, never talk about it(join the sympathisers) People are in this to make money, shorting just happens to be one of the many way to play the markets.