Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: 2hands4u
About
User Name: 2hands4u
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 64
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How does one super impose indicators in same pane?
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:14:40 PM
Thank you
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:58:49 PM
Thank you Bruce
It took a couple trys but I eventually got it. I also was able to center both scales ok but couldn't figure out how to show dual scales at the right of the pane.
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:03:14 PM
This is in Blocks3
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:02:08 PM
I'm trying to super impose MACD of price over top MACD histogram. I've tried different ways and all I seem to get is another indicator in another pane.
Topic: Telechart vs. Blocks
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:51:59 PM
[QUOTE=Craig_S]Noted, 2hands4u.

Granted you have this new 'revolutionary' technology but it sounds like the same old programing methods of using Modules(blocks) to accomplish the desired result.

I am confused by this sentence.  What "same old programming" uses the Blocks technology?  Blocks are not programming modules but actual reusable bits of isolated code that pass information in a way never done in programming... ever.  It is not visual programming, it is not modular programming as it has been done before.  It is something that has never been done before.

Hi Craig,
First I must say I'm not a programmer. 30 plus years ago I took an introductory course in flow charting and programming. Those were the days of Cobol, Fortran and Pascal. What I was trying to say is all programming begins with flow charting what you want to do. To save space everything was developed in modules(blocks) and reused throughout the program. The problem was always keeping track of all the modules and linking to them when you needed them.  After you get through writing the 'code' in the proper syntax for whatever software engine (Cobol, Fortran or 'revolutionary' technology language) you must compile the code for use by whatever language. All I was trying to imply was that whatever language you are using still requires someone to speak that language in modules(blocks) before the program can sing and dance. The last I knew, no computer will do anything without someone at some level telling it what to do with software. This is where we get the expression garbage in means garbage out. There appears to be many bugs in blocks and to me a non programmer I see it as either bad syntax or a problem with the engine itself. Now if the engine creates it's own syntax to help make things easy on programmers the problem could be a mixture of both.
I'm just rambling on because I really don't know. Just trying to make an educated guess.
Sorry to take up so much of your time.

Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:12:35 AM
Craig,
Thank you for attempting to explain the reason for two platforms. Unfortunately I'm still having a difficult time comprehending the efficiency of doing it this way. Granted you have this new 'revolutionary' technology but it sounds like the same old programing methods of using Modules(blocks) to accomplish the desired result. The thing that I do grasp is that the actual software engine is a superduper, super sonic speed demon. Taking this 'revolutionary' software engine and saying that it can only be used in one 'vehicle' appears to me as being somewhat limiting. Instead of maintaining two separate platforms and having to use multiple data feed companies I would think that using this 'software engine' in one platform would make more business sense. Sure , you would have to re-compile TC code but you would end up with 'one' platform that could make the longtime users of TC happy and at the same time provide new wonderful capabilities for the new customer. One platform would allow a migration opportunity for long time users to gradually learn to drive the new 'engine'. The way it exists now the long time TC user is less apt to switch because they would have to use two platforms with additional expenses in order to learn a new platform. If TC is built around a slow, limited engine, it will eventually become useless. AT that point in time you just might lose customers to your competitors because you didn't take the time to bring them into the future with a single platform. 
My recommendation is to take the time and take this 'revolutionary' engine and compile TC around it. This will keep all customers on the same page and feeling like they are not being neglected. Then develope all the super duper, speed demon things and offer them as modules (blocks) to the original TC platform. Over time I believe you will have less of a turnover(LOSS) of customers. Also you might have more satisfied customers if everyone had access to the same things. Now one platform does one thing and the other platform does another and from reading some of your discussion groups you are getting more and more dissatisfied customers. That is not good for business.
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:51:51 PM
I've been a telechart gold member for awhile. I'm also contemplating moving up to real time. I've received promotional material and incentives from both blocks and telechart platinum. I attended the Baltimore blocks seminar and have loaded Blocks 3 and I'm playing with it. I'm experiencing many hiccups/jumpy and sometimes freezing of the software. This causes me to stop and ponder a few things, which I hope someone could provide a clear answer.
Why are you promoting two different platforms? It would seem more practical to fine-tune one software platform. Is there something inherently wrong with TC that prevents fine-tuning of a single software platform? Why should I, as a customer choose either one? What exactly are the directions that Blocks and TC are heading? What are the goals and planned capabilities of Blocks? What are the goals and planned capabilities of TC? Again I must ask why two different platforms? I'm a customer that wants a quality product and I'm ready to pay for that. I'm trying to make an informed decision but can't seem to see through a cloudy veil that seems to be hanging in front of each platform. Will someone kindly create a detailed table of the differences between Blocks and TC and also include the goals of each. Post this info alongside TC on the Software&Pricing web page so everyone can understand exactly what is going on.
I'll end this question with asking one more time: Why are you pushing two different platforms?
Topic: Cost of Blocks?
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:39:17 AM
Thank you StockGuy for the info.

Since I'm a Gold user, is it possible to use blocks software with the data that comes with Telechart Gold Service without paying extra?
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:21:49 PM
OK...apparently there is a problem with someone answering this question. Let me ask this question in a slightly different way. Why should I drive 300 miles to  attend a 'free' trraining session on Blocks 3 when I have no idea whatsoever what the cost of using blocks will be? Come on! will someone give some sort of answer!
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 4:14:22 PM
I've been trying to find the cost for using the Blocks Software and can't seem to find it. Can someone provide info?