Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Chickenhawk
About
User Name: Chickenhawk
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 23
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TC2000 Mobile for Windows 7 Phone
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2011 9:02:37 AM

Waiting for 8 months. Any timeframe yet?

Topic: TC2000 Mobile for Windows 7 Phone
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 2:21:47 PM
Any timeframe when the Ap will be avasilable for Windows Phone?
Topic: Telechart and Stockfinder
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2008 9:10:04 AM
I'm so confused...Are you saying that to have both Telechart and Stockfinder at the Platinum level I will have to purchase two separate plans ? If so, then it is too pricey for me and I will most likely drop Telechart and revert back to Prophet or using another method...Sorry.....and just when I was about to switch my accounts to TD....Oh well!
Topic: Tracking Price and PDF's
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:25:44 AM

Is there a way to use the Tracking Price in a PDF?

Topic: Oasis Project
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:25:36 PM
Note: For AMD in the 3rd chart above, the Oasis crosses the green line UP at 13.50 just before Apr (Bullish Engulfing 1st of Apr).

It then crosses down (bearish)@ 13.75 (during a large Bullish candle which is confirmed with a second Bullish candle the next day)

With the next Bullish candle there would be no Buy point until the Oasis crosses up on the green line. By that time a Bearish candle appears.

In the meantime, following the "Oasis" logic as I understand it, you would have been out of the trade a day too early, possible missing the move the bullish candle made from 13.75 to 14.60 area. That would have been a considerable miss, in my view.

Following standard candlestick logic, the exit point should have been 1/2 way down the second large bullish Hammer candle @ 14.25 which results in a .50 move.

For the next Oasis crossing down it follows the same logic, resulting in another missed chance.

It appears that by the time the Oasis croses down, you will not pick the signal up in real-time until one day later, which is after the fact.

Topic: Bulk Adding a list of Stocks
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:29:32 PM
Is there any method in Telechart for adding a list of stocks to a new watchlist (i.e. copy and paste) rather than one at a time?

Thanks
Topic: Chosen Price Range PCF
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:37:17 PM
I do not know if this was ever posted before, but it saves me a lot of time when scanning stocks.

The idea is that I have made many Easyscans for Stochastics, Candle Patterns, and whatever, but find it inconvenient to have sort results for stocks out of my purchasing range.

To rectify this, I have a simple PCF called CHOSEN PRICE RANGE where the formula is C >= 5 AND C <= 50
(meaning, I want all stocks between $5.00 and $50.00)

This eliminates all non-marginable stocks under $5 and eliminates the high priced stocks I am not interested in.

For each of my Easyscans, I only make one change to add the CHOSEN PRICE RANGE PCF (this only has to be changed once)

I then run an UPDATE for ALL PCF's and Viola problem solved.

If I ever decide to change the stock price ranges desired I only have to change the CHOSEN PRICE RANGE PCF Once!, then run another UPDATE for ALL PCF's

i.e. Edit the CHOSE PRICE RANGE and change from $10 to $40 C >= 10 AND C <= 40
Topic: AVA - possible start of a up trend
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:25:06 PM
QUOTE (wwrightjuly4)
Monthly chart. 5yr.

2001-2003 down
2003-2005 up
2005 flat.

20bar sma over the 50bar sma. Hope to catch a long term trend here.

Note that since Jan 06, AVA has been in a slow uptrend moving only $1-1.50 each month. There are stocks out there that have better potential moves in a shorter timeframe (2-10 days). Just a thought!