Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: texastyphoon
About
User Name: texastyphoon
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: stocks rising and falling in price
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:23:01 PM

I would like to know how to write a formula to scan for stocks from a designated list that are rising in price just above a rising  9 period EMA with a rising 20 period SMA. I would also like to do the reverse for stocks fallingin price just below a 9 period EMA and a falling 20 period SMA. My formula writing skills are a joke. Thanks

Topic: stocks rising and d and falling in price
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:57:30 AM

I would like to know how to write a formula to scan for stocks from a designated list that are rising in price just above a rising  9 period EMA with a rising 20 period SMA. I would also like to do the reverse for stocks fallingin price just below a 9 period EMA and a falling 20 period SMA. My formula writing skills are a joke. Thanks

Topic: stocks that are moving up
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:51:34 AM

Topic: edit current scans
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 10:37:10 PM
I want to edit the price range for a current scan. How do you do it without having to create a new scan? thanks, mike
Topic: ADVANCE DECLINE VOLUME LINE
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:27:51 PM
Dear Sirs,Since the AD Volume Line is a market breadth indicator, do you have a designated indicator for me to use intraday or do I need to write a formula for it. I am only interested in the NYSE. The AD Volume Line is based on Net Advancing Volume, which is the volume of advancing stocks less the Volume of Declining stocks. Net Advancing Volume is positive when advancing volume exceeds declining volume and negative when declining volume exceeds advancing volume. The AD Volume Line is a cumulative measure of Net Advancing Volume. It rises when Net Advancing Volume is positive and falls when Net Advancing Volume is negative. I want to do it on an intraday basis, say a 1,5 or 15 min time period and I will also want to plot it against the NYSE pricesAs a cumulative indicator, the AD Volume Line is a running total of each period's Net Advancing Volume. The actual value of the AD Volume Line depends on the starting point for the calculation. The AD Volume Line has to start somewhere so the first calculation is simply Net Advancing Volume for one period. The next calculation is the AD Volume Line value for the previous period plus Net Advancing Volume for the current period. I am interested in 2 things: (1) the direction of the line above or below a zero line and (2) also in the value of the volume line. A rising Breadth Line indicates advancing volume vs. declining volume is increasing; A declining Breadth Line indicates declining volume vs, advancing volume is decreasing; A Breadth Line near the zero line or +/- 150,000 would be neutral; A Breadth Line value above +200,000 and rising is decisively bullish; A Breadth Line value below -200,000 and declining is decisively bearish; Readings greater than +/- 200,000 and trending are ideal for a trend to continue.I am sure you know all this, I am just trying to help you understand what I am looking for.Thanks,Mike
Topic: intraday formulas and waterfalls
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:28:07 PM
Bruce,
Thanks for the help and the additional information. You did a great job.
Mike
Topic: intraday formulas and waterfalls
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:10:33 PM
I would like to write a formula for intraday. 10 period moving average moving up through 20 period moving average and 10 period moving average moving down through 20 period moving average. I need two separate formulas.

would also like to figure out a formula to pick up waterfalls where the price falls steeper and steeper and the volume rises up like it is trying to touch the falling price. Once the price stabilzes, these are good candidates to buy on 2 or 5 minute candle.

i am not sure how to do this, but urbn is a great picture of the setup I want to find. It started down at the open and if you look at it, this is what I want to find.

Thanks,

Mike
Topic: real code formula for price gap both above and below the 50 day ma as described in the moving avera
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 8:25:26 PM
real code formula for price gap both above and  below the 50 day ma as described in the MA cross over discussed in webinar on 1/19 as discussed by Michael Thompson.
Topic: FOLLOW UP QUESTION ON PIVOT POINTS
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 4:07:36 PM
Can I write this formula into -  Real Code : my indicator -  to develop a pivot point indicator with support and resistance levels?

If I do this, then I should be able to pull it up as an indicator. My only other questipn is where will it be stored?

Also, are there any other special notations that I need to make when writing this code?

The calculation for a pivot point is shown below:

Pivot point (PP) = (High + Low + Close) / 3

Support and resistance levels are then calculated off the pivot point like so:

First level support and resistance:

First support (S1) = (2*PP) – High

First resistance (R1) = (2*PP) – Low

Second level of support and resistance:

Second support (S2) = PP – (High – Low)

Second resistance (R2) = PP + (High - Low)

or

Pivot (P) = (H + L + C) / 3
     Resistance  (R1) = (2 x P ) - L

R 2 = P + H - L

R 3 =H + 2 x ( P-L )

Support ( S1)= (2 x P ) -H

S2 = P - H + L

S3 = L - 2 x  (H  - P )

Thanks,

Mike  TEXASTYPHOON

Topic: pivot points
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 2:45:41 PM
On freestocks.com, which I understand is your product, they have pivot points. Can you write a code or do you already have the code for me to use on stockfinder.com? I have the platinum version, have live data from Worden Brothers.

My name is W Michael Yarbrough