Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Pappy
About
User Name: Pappy
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 71
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Modified Bollinger Bands
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:17:02 AM

It seemed  to me the mBB is basically the same as regular Bollinger Bands. The difference is instead of using daily closing prices, he is using the percent difference each day. Instead of using a regular Std Dev of 2, he is using 3Std Dev and 4 Std Dev.

Topic: Modified Bollinger Bands
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 11:38:34 AM

A leading authority on Options Trading uses a mBB (Modified Bollinger Bands) very effectively. He publishes weekly newsletters and uses the mBB in analyzing SPY in particular.His mBB is based on the Standard Deviation of daily price percentage changes. His mBB utilizes 3 and 4 std dev instead of 2.

Can you set this modifed Bollinger Band up as an indicator for my use?

Topic: In the v18
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:28:07 AM

Recently I have started learning and using the Options capability on TC2000. There is an indicator that I am very interested in but I don't think it is available to us. It is Lawrence McMillan's modified bollinger bands. Is it available or, if not, can it be added to the arsenal of indicators.

Topic: TenKan-sen crossover KiJun-sen
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 6:34:50 PM
Thanks very much. That works for StockFinder. Can you give me the PCF for Telechart/
Topic: TenKan-sen crossover KiJun-sen
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 3:37:35 PM
I see a discussion of a scan involving all the 5 lines of Ichimoku for both telechart and Stockfinder. I am interested in just the crossover point (both up and down) for TenKen over KiJun-sen for both telechart and Stockfinder. If I read the request that is posted correctly, it will give you either the up or down TenKan but not necessarily at the crossover. The crossover is the critical area to know.
Topic: Mutual Funds Price % Change
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:39:22 PM
In previous versions of the Mutual Funds software, we had a chart set up for Price % Change for various time periods. I don't see anything similar in Blocks 3.1. If it is not available, can you share a chart setup in Blocks 3.1 for Price % Change 1 Week, 1 Month, 3 Months, YTD.
If it or something similar is available, where do I find it?
Topic: Custom Indicators used by John Bollinger
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:54:56 PM
Again, Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:46:31 PM
In studying these custom indicators further, I see they can be normalized as Volume Oscillators using this formula:

10 day sum of {(close-open)/ (high-low)* volume}/10 day sum of volume

also, a 20 oscillator as well. This should produce a histogram which I think will be easier to read and interpret. Can you provide these normalized versions?
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:15:09 PM
Thanks Bruce
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:47:20 PM
John Bollinger uses two custom indicators that I would like to recrreate in Blocks 3.

Intraday Intensity: A volume indicator that depicts the flow of funds for a security based on where it closes in its range. Developed by David Bostian. 
The formula:

(2*close-high-low)/(high-low)*volume

2. Accumulation Distribution: A volume indicator based on the relationship of the open to the close of each period. Created by Larry Williams.
The formula:

(close-open)/(high-low)*volume

Can you set these indicators up for me and post them in the Blocks 3 Shared area so I might paste them into my layout?