Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bhds
About
User Name: bhds
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 43
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: OTA stop orders
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 1:56:15 PM

Bruce,

I still cant figure out how these OTA orders work. I have been using them in conjunction with conditional orders that I enter the night before and the target orders to close the position are executing at seemingly random times.

An example would be I set a conditional order to buy at market when the daily closing price is 2% above the open price and attach a 2% profit target OTA.

Sometimes the OTA target order will execute almost immediately after the conditional entry order executes and sometimes they are set at a price that doesnt match with the original target %.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 2:15:39 PM

...with someone that has experience with them.

Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 2:12:08 PM

Any traders using OTA stop orders? I've been having some problems getting them to work correctly or maybe I dont understand them fully. Would like to compare notes with someone that has experience with them.

Topic: Fun with the New Surface Go
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:10:46 AM

I have a 3 year old Toshiba Encore 2 Write  tablet with windows 8 and I run version 18 with no problems. Its not the fastest but it handles scans and order entries easily enough. I have a stylus and consider it a must. Everything is a little too small to manipulate without it.

Topic: Position indicator line not accurate
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 6:12:22 PM

Why is the dotted line that is supposed to indicate the price that you bought a stock not accurate? It always seems to be offset above the actual entry price buy several cents.

Topic: Email or Text notifications for trade transactions
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 6:08:20 PM

Is this possible? The alert notification settings isnt very clear on what situations you can get notifications.

Topic: Condition or Indicator OTA stops
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:02:26 PM

Is there any way to set a condition or indicator based stop at the same time as the entry order?  I'm assuming not since there isnt anything like that listed in the OTA menu.

Topic: Sell to close using condition
Posted: Thursday, April 5, 2018 8:21:56 PM

Ok, scratch that. The numbers that I quoted are actually valid. The first 3 times I tried it I was getting a totally weird number of 60.88 for the lower donchian channel.

Topic: Sell to close using condition
Posted: Thursday, April 5, 2018 8:12:00 PM

Having some issues with selling to close a position using a lower 13 period donchian channel as the exit signal.

I created a personal condition using C < MINL13.1 as the formual and selecting "30 minute" for the "TimeFrame". Testing it on stock ticker FIVE I get "72.54 < 70.88" as the test result. 72.54 is the correct current closing price but I&#39;m not sure why its says that 70.88 equals the 13 period lower donchian channel on the 30 minute chart.

Topic: Correlated stocks
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:59:35 PM

Thanks Bruce. I had forgotten what it was called.