Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: MichaelR
About
User Name: MichaelR
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 95
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Data Update Issues
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2018 2:05:05 PM

Thanks Bruce!

Topic: Data Update Issues
Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2018 1:56:53 PM

It looks like the following symbols for up / down volume haven't been updating on either v.18 or v.7

NUVOL, NDVOL, QUVOL,QDVOL.

Can you check and bring these up to date? 

Thanks,

Mike

Topic: Migrating from v17 EasyScans to v18
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 4:37:32 PM

I would highligh another of the negative changes in V18. If you use a simple easy scan you can no longer (as far as I can tell) save a default column set for the scan. It only allows saving the default column set for the watchlist.

And, for what it is worth, it was much handier to be able to select the little 3 bar symbol in the upper right corner of the window to make column changes since it is alway visible. Requiring the use of the orange circle with the "+" sign isn't straightforward since it may not be visible depending on layout and window size and the watchlist windows don't allow left/right scrolling.

All of this could be easily fixed if the easy scans were returned to the ability to select a watchlist within the easy scan. If the combo list feature is usable to people so much the better but my recommendation is to leave the watchlist tab as JUST watchlists and leave the Easy Scan tab as JUST scans.

Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:16:49 PM

Bruce,

Thanks for the reply and your explanation of and links to the new way to do things.

Good traders know that the key to success is to establish a proven approach with a given routine and then execute that routine over and over.  TC2000 is the tool that allows this workflow to take place. When the designers of this tool decide to arbitrarily change how that workflow is accomplished, or worse, change the results that workflow produces they directly affect a trader's effectiveness and efficiency.

Much like jchas comment to start this thread I can't see any clear advantage to these changes and all I can see is extra work now to convert my existing workflow around these new restrictions.

I can create the new combo lists, which is work in and of itself, but I also now have a bunch of Easy Scans that have names that no longer bear an accurate relation to what their results will be and (as far as I can tell) no way to simply rename them. This means duplicate the scan with a new name and then go back in and delete the original yet deceptively named scan. If there is another alternative I would appreciate knowing about it.

Nothing I saw in the release of this new version highlighted any of these significant changes which is unfortunate when changes at this level occur.

Telechart normally does a pretty great job but this release is a sad disappointment.

Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 3:44:49 PM

I want to rant further about this with an example.  I had an Easy Scan called High Volume ETFs that used the Worden ETF watchlist and then applied a volume filter of Volume 90 Day > 5 Million shares.  When I pull up this scan it sources the High Cap 1000 which I can change but can't save.

Okay, so I figure I will use the Combo List.  I create a combo list with ETFs as the source and the High Volume ETFs condition set and get what I had before.  BUT now the problem is if I wish to edit the conditions I can't!  When I click on the little blue funnel all I get is the name "High Volume ETFs" and NO ability to go into the condition set to change something easily.

The other thing I also noticed is that there is no option to change the column set on this list to one of my preset column lists.  Why isn't this possible?

This release is miserably bad.  Please let us revert to version 17 until these issues are fixed!

Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 3:26:11 PM

I am also in agreement.  I just went through the upgrade process and find that many of my existing Easy Scans that referenced various watchlists which I have created now default to "High Cap 1000" as the source and there is no simple way to change the source for the scan other than re-doing a new combo scan.  I am sorry to be blunt but this is just ridiculous.  I have been a TeleChart customer for decades now and this arbitrary change is really unacceptable.

You need to understand your customer's workflow and not simply let the programmers make arbitrary decisions to change something since they think it will be "cool".

Topic: V18 TO V17
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:17:07 PM

Diceman,

I commented on this as well.  The problem I have with listing the watchlist used rather than the easy scan name is that if you use US Common Stocks as the basis for your scans (which many of mine do) then every scan you pull up will say that with no indication of which scan the results came from.  It makes it impossibe to have a layout with multiple scans and be able to know which scans gave which results.

I wish they would/could reimplement the sublisting capability that Telechart had.

Mike

Topic: V17 Latest Beta Problems V18.0.6550.32790
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:24:55 PM

The latest beta seems to take existing EasyScans and then replace the name on the tab with the basic stock watchlist being scanned rather than doing this inside the EasyScan (now called condition sets, why I don't know).  The choice of watchlist scanned is then moved to the title tab.  The problem is that when I have several scans displayed I can't tell which scan tab goes with which title I have chosen when I constructed the scan.

Please revert this to the current release version, don't make this change permanent.  Oh, and by the way, please don't change the nomenclature.  Leave it as an EasyScan.  All of us who have used Telechart for a long time will appreciate it!

Thanks

Topic: Data problem with TC2000 V12.6
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 8:29:35 PM

Well the data issue with iX2410 isn't resolved and now this mistake is likely an embarassment for your boss Peter Worden.  In this week's Friday Worden report he referenced that the SX110 Technology sector was the week's best performer.  Since iX2410 is an industry component for SX110 it would seem that this statement could well be an error.

I again request that Worden correct the data issue.

A word of advice, it's not good to embarass the boss.

Topic: Data problem with TC2000 V12.6
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2016 8:20:40 PM

The industry symbol iX2410 has a serious data problem showing a huge change on Wed. 2/10/16 and then consisent prices on Thursday and Friday.  Hopefully you can correct this quickly.