Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: randgale
About
User Name: randgale
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: I need help with a PCF for a 3 Day Volume Surge
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 10:24:25 AM

Thank you as always Bruce...you are the greatest!

Randy

Topic: I need help with a PCF for a 3 Day Volume Surge
Posted: Saturday, November 4, 2017 7:10:25 PM

Hi -

I know that you do not publish your formula for volume surges, and the software comes with a 5 day and single day volume surge.  I would like to write a PCF for a 3 day volume surge that would look something like the criteria you use.  I have found that there is typically follow through on direction for 2-3 days following a 3 day volume surge.

Can you assist??

Thank you!

Randy

Topic: moving and deleting Tabs
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 1:15:37 AM

Hi -  I looked all over for how to move or delete a tab, but cannot find any info on this.  Is this possible, and how is done?

Thank you so much!

RandyG225

Topic: Cross over formula -
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 12:37:44 PM

Thank you so much!

Best,

Randy

Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:52:24 AM

Hi Bruce -

When you get a moment, I would appreciate if you could address my question from Friday.  One of your other team members was very helpful for a daily chart, but I wanted to get some help for the monthly.

To save you time here is the original post from Friday:

Thank you -

Randy

I apologize upfront for not being able to figure this out, but as I noted in an earlier post, I am just getting reacquated with TC2000 and formula writing again.  So, here we go:

I want to create formula where, on a monthly chart, the most recent month closing price is greater than the 20 EMA, and the 3 months prior, the closing month is lower than the 20 EMA, and also

I also would like a formula where the last 3 trading days the closing price is greater than the 50 EMA, and the 50 EMA is greater than the 100 EMA, but the 40 trading days prior, the closing price is less than the 50 EMA, and the 50 EMA is less than the 100 EMA.

Thank you guys, for making this happen!!

Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 11:45:19 PM

You guys truly do ROCK.  Thank you so much, this is a HUGE help.  What can be more fun on a Friday night than scanning charts?!

I look forward to hearing more from you guys. Have a great weekend, and thanks again!!

Best,

Randy

Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 7:42:52 PM

I apologize upfront for not being able to figure this out, but as I noted in an earlier post, I am just getting reacquated with TC2000 and formula writing again.  So, here we go:

I want to create formula where, on a monthly chart, the most recent month closing price is greater than the 20 EMA, and the 3 months prior, the closing month is lower than the 20 EMA, and also

I also would like a formula where the last 3 trading days the closing price is greater than the 50 EMA, and the 50 EMA is greater than the 100 EMA, but the 40 trading days prior, the closing price is less than the 50 EMA, and the 50 EMA is less than the 100 EMA.

Thank you guys, for making this happen!!

Best,

Randy

Topic: HELP - I need some help creating a PCF with Keltner Channel
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:05:53 PM

Bruce -

You rock! WOW!  I need to play with this as your instructions still seem a little fuzzy to someone with my paygrade, and I have now just returned to TC2000 have a 5 year hiatus.

Thank you so much for creating this.  I will see if I can figure this out on my own, but if not, I may need to lean on you a little further.  FWIW, the Keltner Channels acting as a buy or sell sig on the outer bands is pretty nifty depending upon other conditions.  For example, I shorted TSLA and the QQQ's yesterday for a quickie as they both bounced off the top Keltner Channel and I am also long they SPY's from March 26.

Of course there is more invloved then just the KC's but it is a great tool for entry and exit.  Let me see if I can figure this out on my own, and if not, I would be grateful if you would indulge me further.

Best,

Randy

Topic: HELP - I need some help creating a PCF with Keltner Channel
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:34:27 PM

Hi -

I am trying to create a condition that will show stocks that have retraced in the last 20, trading sessions, or less, from the upper Keltner Channel to the lower Keltner Channel  I find this to be very useful for bullish stocks that have retraced and have created a low risk entry.

And, I would assume I could reverse the formulas for a bearish trade as well.

I have had no luck with the Easy Scans, unless I am missing something.

Thank you for reading this, hopefully helping!

Best,

Randy

Topic: Volitilty stocks
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:44:18 PM
Okay...I am stumped on this one:

Is there way to create a scan to find very volitle stocks? These may include stocks that have large ranges within a defined period of time, or some other criteria to demonstrate volitilty. In a perfect world I would look for stocks with decent volume (over 250K), probably a universe including the Russell 2000, Nazzy 100 and SP 500.

Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Randy