Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: james9898
About
User Name: james9898
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Different Number of Items Updated
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:43:38 AM
Bruce,

You nailed it exactly! It was not a big deal but I always kind of wondered if I was missing something on the machine with the lower item update. Thanks for your help!

James
Topic: Different Number of Items Updated
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:53:14 AM
I have TC2007 on two different machines. By cross importing and exporting between the two machines, it appears I have the same PCFs, watchlists, etc. on both machines. But when I update, one machine updates 6843 items and the other machine updates 7345 items. Any idea where the difference may be coming from? Thanks!
Topic: Price Crossing Comparison Symbo
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2005 2:40:24 PM
Craig,

I just reviewed the video on this subject and your comments and it helped me understand intellectually how it works. It is sure going to take some practice to "ignore" the "apparent relationship" between the lines and price, i.e. appearing as crossovers, etc. As always, thanks for your help.

James
Topic: Price Crossing Comparison Symbo
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2005 12:55:37 PM
Is there a way to Easyscan for closing price crossing above or below a comparison symbol line such as the SP-500? Thanks!

James
Topic: a newbie looking for some advice
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:46:54 PM
sukhtejs,

Interactive Brokers now offers a free paper trading platform that is identical to their real money platform. It is great.

www.interactivebrokers.com

James
Topic: MACD Crossover
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 4:57:53 PM
Winnie,

Thanks for all of the formulas and explanations...there are several there that I do not yet have. It was very thoughtful of you to post them and I apppreciate it very much!

James
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2005 3:05:05 PM
Craig,

I believe I found my answer in posts you made on or around March 24, 2005. Yes, I am looking at Daily charts...you already taught me that one and it is always the first thing I check now. I am using your March 24 formula now. The MACD parameters were correct but it was simple...I would have sworn it was exponential. PCF's are updated. Bottom line is it seems to be straightened out and working now. Thanks, as always, for your exemplary help.

James
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2005 1:36:25 PM
I can't seem to make this work...I have a 12,26,9 MACD and a 12,26,9 MACD histogram. I am trying to write a PCF to use in an Easy scan that tells me when the histogram first day goes from being a down bar below the zero line to being an up bar above the zero line. When I use the previously posted MACD Histogram Crossing UP Positive to Negative in a scan, I get all kinds of stocks with down bars or up bars that have been up for several days, etc. I just want the stocks that had a down histogram bar and one day later had an up histogram bar. I have looked at post after post and failed completely in my effort. My time frame of interest is daily close. I have an MACD headache! You guys must spend more time on MACD than anything! Please help and thank you, in advance.

James

PS I am going to want to do it the opposite way...up to down...but I am hoping if you can teach me to fish I can catch that fish myself!
Topic: Understanding MACD
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2005 12:07:18 PM
I was looking at 4/1/05 but your point is the same. I was not aware of the equivalency of the two formulas...something else for me to study and learn. Thanks!
Topic: Understanding MACD
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2005 12:04:40 PM