Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mholman
About
User Name: mholman
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 79
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: expressing volume in a PCF
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:36:30 AM

In previous versions, volume was expressed minus 2-0s,  now it appears that actual volume is being used.  (4 million shares as 4,000,000 vs 40000) .  If the actual volume is used, how does this affect older PCFs?  Do they need to be edited?

Topic: Dual Monitors
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 3:35:57 PM
This has gotten so complicated that I don't know where to post anymore.

Anyway, for those of you that were asking about using dual monitors and were told the floating windows wouldn't work,  there is a way to get more real estate.  Drag the edge ot the window over to the other monitor, then adjust the size of the panels manually.  Remember. if you click on the full screen mode it will revert back to one monitor.
Mac
Topic: linking TC to SF
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:18:14 PM
I don't know what I would do without you.  Thanks again.
Mac
Topic: linking TC to SF
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:41:34 PM
I've forgotten how to link my TC and SF.  I want when I jump to a chart in TC, it will also appear in SF

Thank You
Mac
Topic: uninstall SF4
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 10:16:57 AM
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Mac
Topic: uninstall SF4
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 2:32:38 PM
I have loaded SF5 and feeling relatively comfortable with it.  Is there any reason(s) I should not uninstall SF4?   It takes alot of extra time when I do a virus scan.
Thanks
Mac
Topic: Simple Code
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:28:01 AM

Thanks,  I was trying to experiment with draggign indicators into the code box.  But couldn't get them to work.  Could you explain why I keep getting " Operator '>' is not defined for type 'WBI.CommonBlocks.CommonBlocks.ScriptingLine' "  and also when I use "Then Pass" I get "pass" is not declared.?? 

I really appreciate the great job you all have done with SF5.
Mac

Topic: Simple Code
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:51:49 PM
I'm trying to learn to write some simple code.  First for price to close above a XAvg and second to close below a XAvg.

First to close above 
'# PC = indicator.unlinked.PriceClose
'# MA = indicator.unlinked.MovingAvg(30)
'# Period = userinput.integer = 30
If price.Close > price.xavg(period) Then pass

Second to close below
'# PC = indicator.unlinked.PriceClose
'# MA = indicator.unlinked.MovingAvg(30)
'# Period = userinput.integer = 30
If price.Close < price.xavg(period) Then pass
The second one appears to work but the first one doesn't.  Any suggestions?
Topic: Color Scheme
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 10:08:20 AM
Thank you Michael and Julia.  You both do an outstanding job in training us novices in the SF software.  I hope there will be more such demo videos  for making the transition from SF4 to SF5.
Mac
Topic: Color Scheme
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 6:49:10 AM
My first problem is how to phrase the question.  However,  I would like to have multiple indicator/Rule bar colors displayed on the chart versus just the ones from clicking on the bubble.  I.E. color the bar after a cross over then another color depending on price action.  I really like SF5 but miss some of the features of SF4 or don't know how to utilize them.
Thanks
Mac