Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: eziolone
About
User Name: eziolone
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 20
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: OBV on weekly Charts
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:08:02 PM
again...why rely just on one indicator rather than comparing several indicators on different time frames for the same stock or index or whatever..does it not make sense at all?
Topic: ATR and stochastic
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:02:05 PM
if we consider stochastics as the only indicator in this case as overbought/oversold indicator (under 20 the stock is in an oversold territory over 80 it is in an overbought territory is in it right?)
how about if the stock has high volatility...and the stochastic as indicator will not be efficient as it would be in a flat o trendy condition?
Do not we need at least another indicator such OBV or CV or RSI to confirm the trend of the stock?
Topic: ATR and stochastic
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:38:28 PM
how about to confirm stochastics with some other indicators?
Topic: Options
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2006 7:02:52 PM
which investment objectives you have?
are you a risk orientated trader or more conservative one?
Topic: What I see in the market so far...
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2006 11:18:30 AM
I am not quite sure about the direction markets are going to.
Averall I think that once we will see volume back to "normality" markets will regain pace with strengh.
Why I see this?
Looking at daily charts and comparing the last year performance respectivily between DJI FTSE100 and DJT we all can see that the worst might be well over.
We sow a 10% tumble in indeces prices between may and july and although the last 15 days incertanty we all survived from bank s tightening in japan and china, US and UK, middle east war fears, and so on.
The only contraddiction so far is the DJT performance which still does not want to recover from the summer "double bottoms" and it is struggling to back on track.
But as we quote an old saying "Sell in May and go away..." I am positive that from the mid-late september on things will definetely looks far far better
Topic: where to enter a trade?
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2006 11:02:23 AM
I agree on placing limit orders "to fly under the radar" although this strategy might work well after 1 hour of the market opening to avoid beeing whipped by short liquidity and weakness both hallmarks of a market just awaken.
Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2006 8:36:25 PM
do you know how it works and how it affect prices in real term?
I am using it along with other indicators to see how institutions or private investors affect prices by matching bids and offers.
but i have to admit that it is unknown to me what s behind it..
Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2006 7:45:24 PM
How a level 2 platform works? is it a good instrument to spot timing to jump in?
Topic: thanks Dice and Epi
Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2006 11:13:50 AM
hello. I put in system few of your suggestions guys and I already dropped off my buy list more then 85% of the stock i was going to buy. As you said DICE fundamentals are key factor on picking valueble stocks. I looked at the PE in all the stocks i owned and most of them have had really bad performances within the last 3 years. Chart patterns strongly reflected what fundamentals wrote in those business cards. Is this the first small leap towards picking winners.
We will see...
Topic: Penny shares or Blue chips
Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2006 10:13:18 AM
so..
a)how do i minimize losses offloading shitty penny share
b)how about if i have not yet any negative divergent signal between indicators and prices are still "within the rules"
c)originally i waited to buy those stocks (3)when had good buy surge and strong volume support.Since last friday the stocks have been going through a seemingly medium long term consolidation pattern. my aim was to buy at breakout and sell at highest point.for several reasons did not work out.
Shall i sell those stocks anyway accepting the losses even though my original plan was different?