Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: gfdengine204
About
User Name: gfdengine204
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RSI crossing the centerline
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:04:53 AM
Thank you Diceman! I will give 'er a look-see.
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:50:25 PM
Thanks Bruce. No slight intended in my earlier post, you do fantastic work as well! (Especially since you were first to answer me!)

Thanks a million!
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 9:39:11 PM
Doug and/or Craig,

You guys do fantastic work. Hoping you can help me. Maybe this is simple.....

I want to see when RSI crosses 50 (in other words, I want a centerline at 50 on my chart). I have not been able to find a way to remove the 70/30 or 80/20 lines and replace them with a simple 50-centerline. Is there a way to accomplish this?

As a temporary fix, maybe you can tell me if this has merit, or if it is flawed. I have created a custom indicator for RSI using the following formula: RSI21.1-50

I am using this under the belief (I wish to not use the word "assumption", but I am sure you get my drift) the RSI is a 0-100 indicator and if I simply subtract 50 from the value, I will then be able to use a "zero-centerline" to accomplish the same goal. Obviously, since I am asking, I would much rather do it "the right way" and have it read 0-100, but I will take what I have to.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I don't have Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin, but I can provide a plethora of smileys.
Topic: Sorting with Stochastics
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2006 11:12:05 PM
Doug,

I am a new member, and just viewing this video has made me think I have found a winner in TC2000. I can see where this particular method would open up a good number of potentials to do some further research on.

From what I have seen, you and Craig do a fantastic job. Keep up the great work.
Topic: Trading for a living.
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:41:24 PM
QUOTE (diceman)

No account size will give a bad trader good results.

Diceman,

The above statement speaks volumes. Thanks for your encouraging words.

I guess I am looking to get in and out with (for right now) what I accept as small profits, but by trying to make good judgement calls. The way I see it, the more small profits I make, while limiting my losses, the more capital I end up with, thus enabling my ability to make larger profits on larger plays.

Of course, the majority of people I talk to seem to think my theory is flawed, that I must "buy-and-hold" only. I can't help but think there are better ways to make money.

Hopefully, I am on the right course, using TC2000.

Have a great weekend!
Topic: Trading for a living.
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 8:59:22 AM
Wow do I feel like a small fish in a VERY large ocean. I see the amounts many of you listed as trading capital and it eclipses mine. I am currently using almost $4K in trading monies. It almost makes me think I should quit.

But, I also recognize that not to try would mean not having any chance at growing my capital. My retirement is seperate of these funds, and I guess I look at it like Wayne Gretzky has said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

I just started using TC2000 this week, and am impressed so far. I have a gut feel that this will be a valuable tool to halp me attain my goals of supplementing my family income while letting trade, something I find I thoroughly enjoy. It's like playing blackjack to me; the thrill of "beating the house", so to speak.