Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: barbler
About
User Name: barbler
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 29
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Create PCFs and EasyScans to find moving average crossovers
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:23:10 PM
I appologize, craig, i had a typo in the formula I previously provided...can you please re-answer the question

i was wondering...i watched the tutorial for the setting up easy scan for ma crossovers. these were the formulas:
(AVGC5 / AVGC20) * 100
(AVGC5.1 / AVGC20.1) * 100

but on our system a pcf was already created which is:
(AVGC5.1 < AVGC20.1 AND AVGC5 > AVGC20) OR (AVGC5.1 > AVGC5.1 AND AVGC20 < AVGC20)

(i changed the formulas to 5ma crossing over 20, rather than the one listed that was 10ma crossing over 200)

can you please tell me the difference between the top set and the bottom formula?

thanks!
barbara
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:52:32 PM
also, another question about ma crossovers. is there a way that instead of finding the crossover 1 day ago, i can find the crossover as it is happening (i.e. if i refresh throughout the day, can i do a scan where the 5 day IS crossing over the 20 day on THAT day)

thanks.
barbara
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:49:05 PM
i was wondering...i watched the tutorial for the setting up easy scan for ma crossovers. these were the formulas:
(AVGC5 / AVGC20) * 100
(AVGC5.1 / AVGC20.1) * 100

but on our system a pcf was already created which is:
(AVGC5.1 < AVGC20.1 AND AVGC10 > AVGC20) OR (AVGC5.1 > AVGC5.1 AND AVGC10 < AVGC20)

(i changed the formulas to 5ma crossing over 20, rather than the one listed that was 10ma crossing over 200)

can you please tell me the difference between the top set and the bottom formula?

thanks!
barbara
Topic: daily volume is greater than average daily volume
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2006 5:24:07 PM
How can i create a pcf that would show me stocks that are having the daily volume greater than the average daily volume of the past 20 days. I would plan on scanning throughout the day to find stocks that are showing strength.

thanks!
barbara
Topic: PCF's for Triangles
Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2006 10:37:12 PM
i tried the pcf's and easy scans for ascending triangles, both the 20 day and 40 day. i guess, it is really a scroll and a visual thing to find the "best triangle". does the order mean anything, i.e. how would the stocks on the top of the list differ from the stocks on the bottom of the list?
thanks.
barbara
Topic: pcf for finding stocks that are OUTSIDE of the bollinger bands
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 3:42:46 PM
thank you craig and bruce.

craig, the sort in your video works great...but, bruce, can you explain why the second formula you gave me (w/deviation of 2) pulls up just a very few on my watchlist? in other words, i assume the "sort value" are the extremes of outside the upper or lower bollinger bands. is there a way to describe briefly what that extreme is?
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:16:09 PM
bruce, i am used to using a 20-period with "2 standard deviations". visually when i experiment comparing my investools chart, it seems that if i set it to a 20-width, it matches up. can you explain what the difference between 15 & 20 width would be?
thanks. barbara
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 7:46:37 PM
hi. can you please provide me with the pcf and easy scan for searching for stocks that have reached outside the upper or lower bollinger bands. thanks very much!
barbara
Topic: stocastic crossing up under 20
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 10:24:26 PM
thank you so much, craig. you're the greatest and i really appreciate your help.

barbara
Topic: stocastic crossing up under 20
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 6:10:46 PM
thanks craig, so just to confirm:

stochastics crossing 80
(STOC14.5 < AVG(STOC14.5,5)) AND (STOC14.5.1 < AVG(STOC14.5.1,5)) AND (STOC14.5 >=80)

stochastics crossing 20
(STOC14.5 > AVG(STOC14.5,5)) AND (STOC14.5.1 < AVG(STOC14.5.1,5)) AND (STOC14.5 <=20)

(originally you had the "*" in the <=20 formula, but i assume when you wrote "AND" you meant it for both.

i am almost all set! appreciate all of your help and patience!

barbara