Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: MarketReader
About
User Name: MarketReader
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 40
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Difference between two Indicators
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 4:37:26 PM
I have two indicators and I want to find the difference between the two in order to create a third indicator, which represents the difference in values.
The two Indicators are:
Price Percent Change Today
100 * (C-C1) / C1
Price Percent Change 26-Week
100 * (C-C126) / C126
Topic: Math operator "EXP()"
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 3:52:12 PM
Thank you Bruce, that looks good.
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 3:46:29 PM
I should have said "math operator", instead of "function".
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 3:44:39 PM
Please explain how to use the "EXP()" function. What I am trying to do is find the square value of an expression, such as (h-l)squared.
Topic: Comparing Fibonacci Fan Lines to Fib Retracements
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:25:09 PM
I drew a vertical line from the peak of a curve down to the start price. I used the drawing tools to make a Fib Retracement from start point to peak and noticed where the Retracement lines crossed the vertical line. I then made a Fib Fan lines and noticed that only 3 out of the 5 fan lines intercepted the Retracement lines on the vertical line. Shouldn't both sets of lines intercept the vertical line at the same points?
Topic: PCF Average Formulas
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:28:57 PM
Thank you again Bruce
I now know not to use it
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:23:15 PM
Thank you Bruce
That's what I needed to see. especially how the 3-DAY AVG HIGH MINUS 3-DAY AVG LOW:
AVG(AVGH3,9) - AVG(AVGL3,9) was to be shown.

Please tell me if AVG(H-L, 3) is a valid formula for creating a PCF or in a Custom Indicator, and what it means.
I put it in a custom indicator and compared it to (H - L) 1 period, smoothing avg of 3. The two chart patterns did not coincide with each other and I don’t know what AVG(H-L, 3) is telling me. I appreciate if you have any thoughts.
Thank you
John

Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:46:38 PM
Thank you Bruce
The video was informative and helpful. Craig touched upon my question when he talked about custom indicator for a range with a smoothing avg of 10.
I am still intersted in what the formula would look like, (without using child indicator or smoothing period) of a 9-day ma, simple of the following:

Net Change
(C-C1)

One week percent change
((C-C5)/C5*100)

Close minus Open
(C-O)

Close minus Open
ABS(C-O)

Range Today: today's high minus today's low
(H-L)

3-DAY AVG HIGH MINUS 3-DAY AVG LOW
AVGH3-AVGL3

I think it would benefit some users if Craig could add some of these examples to his "PCF Example Formulas" list, besides the ones for BOP and TSV.
Thank you again
John
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 4:42:52 PM
I would appreciate if someone would write the formula to use in creating a custom indicator for a 9-day average of the following:

Net Change
(C-C1)

One week percent change
((C-C5)/C5*100)

Close minus Open
(C-O)

(H-L)

ABS(H-L)

AVGH3-AVGL3

Also, is there a difference in meaning between “average over last 9 days” and “9-day average”, or are they one of the same?
Thank you,
John
Topic: Replies to "Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!"
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 4:12:57 PM
I would appreciate if someone would write the formula to use in creating a custom indicator for a 9-day average of the following:

Net Change
(C-C1)

One week percent change
((C-C5)/C5*100)

Close minus Open
(C-O)

(H-L)

AVGH3-AVGL3

Also, is there a difference in meaning between “average over last 9 days” and “9-day average”, or are they one of the same?
Thank you,
John