Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: yappernj
About
User Name: yappernj
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TC2000 and Windows 8
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:13:42 PM

That's great, Bruce!  Thanks for the confirmation.

Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:23:02 PM

Thanks for the reply. I just want to be clear on this because I will be replacing my aging XP machine soon. I've been reading about XP programs and their potential incompatability with Windows 8. As I mentioned in the original post, Win 8, unlike Win 7, does not have an XP Compatability Mode.

I've done some research on this and many tech websites are talking about having to run old XP programs in a virtual mode on Win 8 machine using VMware-Player or Hyper-V, which comes with Win 8. One would have to install and run a virtualized Windows XP on the Win 8 box and then run the XP legacy progams (TC2K V7) that way.

But, if i understood you correctly, what you said was that you've run TC2000 version 7 on a Windows 8 PC and it ran without any problems? Please confirm this, because the alternative of virtualizing XP is a much more complex solution than a direct install.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:55:28 AM

Windows 8 apparently does not have a "compatability mode" like Win 7 does. Will there be an update to TC2000 so it can run on Windows 8?

Topic: I hate to keep bothering you with this...
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2006 7:36:35 PM
...but S&P made changes to the 500 Index on 9/29 that are not in Telechart. Specifically ANDW and GDW were deleted and replaced with WU and SII.