Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: MDiep
About
User Name: MDiep
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 33
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: new highs
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2006 10:17:33 PM
I wrote a simple PCF ans named it " New 52 wk hi Closeand used the following expression:
C=>(MAXC260)

In the test mode for the PCF it works correctly, but when using it on a watchlist it many times indicates "true", when in fact the Close is lower then the Close of the previous day. The "test of the PCF for this same ticker indicates correctly that it is "false" but the sort indicates "true", It seems to indicate the hi from the previous day, rather then the latest entry.
Please could you explain this,
TIA Maurice.
Topic: Moving linear regression.
Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2006 10:48:34 PM
Hi Diceman, Doug, Bruce and Craig, and everyone else.
I am very thankful for all the support and good advice that I received about moving linear regressions. I like the indicator and used it before and want to expand its usefullness to me.
This has given me a lot of possibilities to experiment.
Thanks again,
Maurice
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 3:34:17 PM
Diceman,
I copied the formula that Bruce supplied in his post of April 22, and it resulted in a single line, just as a non-histogram MACD, namely the difference between two LMRA's that I plotted on the price chart. Thanks again for pointing to that post. You also asked if I wanted different lengths. Indeed I like larger time periods and since I do not understand or know the basics of the LRMA formula, I am not able to change the parameters. Can you give me a hint, or direct me to the source?
And how do I get a histogram of the difference between the LRMA's? I applied a MA to it, but I don't know how to develop that into a histogram in TC 2005.
TIA,
Maurice
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:29:37 PM
Thanks diceman,
I was not aware that it was a histogram.

Thanks, Maurice,
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:37:36 AM
Sorry, Don't know what happened. Must not be my day ;(
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:33:31 AM
Hi everybody,I really appreciate all the feedback, but
I am thoroughly lost. So how do I write an expression to create a histogram of two moving linear regression lines to find out when they are crossing.
Also I was not able to add a MA to a single moving regression line. Why not?
I sure like to find out.
TIA, Maurice.

Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:32:31 AM
I am thoroughly lost. So how do I write an expression to create a histogram of two moving linear regression lines to find out when they are crossing.
I sure like to find out.
TIA, Maurice.

Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:32:17 AM
I sure like to find out.
TIA, Maurice.

Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 2:26:17 PM
Hi Doug,
Thanks for the info. I finally found it in the help file, was looking for moving linear regression! It seems like a versatile indicator. I'll play with it. Is there a formula or an expression for the channel width calculation? I'd be interested.
Thanks again, Maurice
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:38:16 PM
I tried to use the moving linear regression indicator in TC 2005 and tried to get information about its use,its parameters etc, but could not find anything, either in help or the manual. Could you direct me to a write-up on this indicator or otherwise enlighten me about its use?
TIA, Maurice