Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: MauiTrader
About
User Name: MauiTrader
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 37
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: New Mac version of TC2000 at last?
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 4:22:03 PM

I too am waiting for ver 18 or any post 15 Ver on the cloud or native for Apple.

Just a thought for the marketing folks.

How many users of Apple have gone to Gold because there is the value for real time or any of the other options?

Mauitrader

Topic: New feature suggestion
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:29:03 PM

I would like to see two fields added to the add symbol, and edit symbol entry tabs;  The two fields would be user 1 and user 2, which could be used in PCF formulas.  One example would be target sell and the second would be stop.  This way you could calculate the % move necessary to hit either one.

Thanks

Mauitrader

Topic: import symbols
Posted: Sunday, June 5, 2011 6:29:33 PM
In my CSV file I have symbol and shares, in my watchlist I have a heading for Symbol and Shares with one stock entered. I then import my CSV file but what comes across is the Symbol with 100 shares for each symbol but d not the shares that were listed in the CSV file.I hope this helps.Mauitrader
Topic: import symbols
Posted: Sunday, June 5, 2011 10:46:08 AM
How do you import the Price and Share data along with the SYM?I can import the SYM but the other data doesn't import.Mauitrader
Topic: Exact Date in PCF
Posted: Friday, June 3, 2011 12:04:33 PM
Bruce,I there any way of specifying the open date of today for all short term timeframe PCF's? I know I can use '6/3/11' for today but tomorrow I would have to change my PCF. I'm looking for a way to calculate the change for any timeframe less than daily without having to select the PCF each time.I realize this may be coming in the Version 11.1 but I have not kept up with all potential enhancements.Thanksmauitrader
Topic: When will SF5 exit Beta?
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:41:09 AM

I'm in the same camp waiting for SF, version 5.o.
I have said it before that a 6 month beta is too long.  Code should be far more stable than to need a six month beta.

Mauitrader

Topic: Comment:Build Release quality
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:30:37 AM
I understand the need for dual operations but at some time in the life of a release there comes a time when new features are put on hold for the next release and quality is the focus until full release.
I think we have had far too extensive of a beta period for version 5 and we need to put quality as the single focus.  

It also appears to an outside observer that the engineering resources may be stretched thin with the need to support three platforms.

I think the marketing department needs to develop a white paper on when/how/why a user would use the three different platforms.  FreeStockCharts/Telechart/StockFinder.

If we are to have a webbased platform, which I think FreeStockCharts is then it should work with all the smart phone mobile devices.
MauiTrader
Topic: StockFinder 5.0 Changes from 4.0 - UPDATED
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:49:59 AM
It is now March 16th.  How close are we to a full release?  I have limited disk space thanks to Microsoft and don't feel I can run both.  Any information would be helpful.  Not trying to pin down an exact date.
Maui Trader
Topic: Real Code Indicator
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 8:00:02 PM
When I copy and paste I get the following errors:  
plot = ((system.Math.Abs(price.close - price.AVGC(5)) / price.avgc(5))) * 100 
plot = ((system.Math.Abs(price.close - price.AVGC(5)) / price.avgc(5))) * 100 

Do I need a version upgrade?  Running 4 build 83

Thanks
Mauitrader

Topic: Placing cost basis in a text column
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:37:55 PM
1.  I would like to be able to log my cost basis for each stock in a column in the watchlist.
2.  I would then like to make calculations such as gain or loss, % from 50 day EMA etc.

Can you suggest how this is accomplished?

Thanks