Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: DKDuval
About
User Name: DKDuval
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Tsv 18 simple crossing zero and MA20 of MS crossing MS
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2007 7:31:43 PM
At the Hartford meeting on June 1, I mentioned to Craig that I would like to develop a scan in Tele Chart that would find TSV18 simple which had crossed up from beneath zero to above zero within the past three or so days along with the 20 period MA of Money Stream crossing up through Money Stream within the past three or so days. He said at this time this can be done in Tele Chart however not in blocks since MS is not a blocks feature. He asked that I post the request in “Ask a Trainer”

In addition Craig said at this time this could not be done in Blocks however the TSV18 portion could and he demonstrated how to do it. Being unfamiliar with blocks his procedure went by me. I would appreciate it if Craig would provide the same procedure that he used at the meeting along the PCF’s to accomplish the crossovers in TC.

Thanks for your help.

The Hartford meeting was dynamite and am anxious to get up to speed with blocks.
Topic: Scan for finding crossovers of TSV and MA of Money Stream
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2007 9:22:27 PM
I would like to develop a scan that would find TSV18 simple which crossed up from beneath zero to above zero within the past three days along with the 20 period MA of Money Stream crossing up through Money Stream within the past three days.
This is to simplify finding stocks as per my September 22 submission in TC2000 Worden Report by Sir Datasheet.
Topic: Snap Sheets for individual stock ownership by institutions
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:54:46 PM
In Snap Sheets you can view an index and plot the number of shares owned by institutions. Can this be done with an individual stock to find the number of shares owned by institutions? If so would this effectively give you a cumulative BOP figure showing the flow of institutional money in and out of a particular stock?
Topic: PCF for Price - 2 Year Range
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 2:07:59 PM
On your Web Site for Peter Worden's “Winning Stock Selection Simplified – Volume II”: the following is the instruction for the 2 year Price Range PCF:

"MACD Crossovers Worden Bros.

Price – 2 Year Range
100 * (C - MINC500) / (MAXC500 - MINC500)"

This PCF does not work for me. What does work is 100 * (C - MINL500) / (MAXH500 - MINL500)

Please forward this to your proper person.
Topic: Replies to "Learn how to use the forums: post a new topic, reply, Search existing topics"
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:11:39 PM
Is it possible to write a PCF to find the crossover of Money Sstream 20 crossing Money Stream? If so please let me know what it is.
Topic: Moving Average Crossovers
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 1:24:17 PM
Is it possible to construct PCF's for an EMA crossover Easy Scan?
I wish to write an Easy Scan for a crossober of 3o and 60 day EMS's.
Topic: Sorting by the ADX indicator
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2005 1:13:37 PM
Hi Craig
Thanks for your reply. I downloaded Media Player again and The sorting by ADX video played just fine.
Part of my problems are caused by using a modem connection and not DSL or Cable. I can overcome this by letting the black bar advance to the end then playing the video. This way fully loaded works fine. The Sorting by ADX is dynamite. Just loaded with great ideas. I am still having trouble with a couple of videos. Greater detail and perspectives with zoom levels and time frames does not load at all and the video which gives the description of ADX loads the audio completely but no video.
Don Sir Data Sheet
Thanks for your help. Worden Brothers is doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
Topic: Sorting by the ADX indicator
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 11:34:55 AM
To Doug H
I watched your Identifying Sectors gaining strength over the past few months. and it is great.
Some videos such as that play very well others do not.
I have tried several times to watch your Sorting by ADX indicator and whenever the bar gets to "Make sure you are in decending order with the arrow pointing down" the video stops. The black line in the bar where the traveling square indicates where you are in the video stops at this point and the video stops.

Some videos play ok others do not. I would love to watch this video and also would love to know if I can sort by +DI and -DI or only by ADX. Being able to sort by the +DI adn -DI would be great.
Please let me know what I can do to watch all of the videos completely. I tried watching the video explaing ADX and got all of the audio but none of the video. I am confused. Help Please. Is it possible that if I cannot watch the videos at this site to get a CD of the particular tutorial?
Thanks
Don Sir Data Sheet
Topic: ERES - breakout?
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 9:50:53 PM
Hi You might look back a bit on ERES. I think you will find that it it is bumping into overhead resistance and it has got to get through that before it can go anywhere again.
Topic: BowTie PCF
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 10:05:23 AM
To whom it may concern and can help me. Please!!

I have tried to write a scan that will accomplish a setup as per Dave Landry’s book on Swing Trading and the various PCFS which I have entered into scans just do not deliver the intended results.

The following is a description of what I am trying to do and is quoted from Dave Landry on Swing Trading page 84.

“Here are the rules for Bow Ties.

For Buys (Short Sales are reversed):

Using a 10-period simple, 20-period exponential and a 30-period exponential moving average:

The moving averages should converge and spread out again, shifting from proper downtrend order (10-SMA < 20- EMA < 30-EMA) to proper uptrend order (10-SMA > 20-EMA > 30EMA) Ideally, this should happen over a period of three to four days. This creates the appearance of a bow tie in the averages.”

In writing PCFs to accomplish this I just don’t get it right. I would appreciate it if you could write and send me the correct PCF or PCFs to do this. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you for you help

Don (Sir DataSheet)