Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tspara
About
User Name: tspara
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 34
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Plotting ATR distance from price
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2016 3:22:16 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

Add a Custom PCF Indicator to the chart with a formula starting with C - 2 * and then a formula for ATR inside of parentheses at the end.

So for a using 10 period average true range you could use the following formula.

C - 2 * ((AVGH10 - AVGL10) / 2 + (ABS(H - C1) + ABS(C1 - L) + ABS(H1 - C2) + ABS(C2 - L1) + ABS(H2 - C3) + ABS(C3 - L2) + ABS(H3 - C4) + ABS(C4 - L3) + ABS(H4 - C5) + ABS(C5 - L4) + ABS(H5 - C6) + ABS(C6 - L5) + ABS(H6 - C7) + ABS(C7 - L6) + ABS(H7 - C8) + ABS(C8 - L7) + ABS(H8 - C9) + ABS(C9 - L8) + ABS(H9 - C10) + ABS(C10 - L9)) / 20)

Please provide a description and PCF for calculating an ATR value to be used as a stop loss value
Sir Old Viking Trader and PCFs
20-Day Average True Range
ATR for PCF
5 day Average True Range

Tried to cut and paste this forumla into a PCF, and get a syntax error.  I've checked it over but cannot detect the error.  Can you help?

Topic: Conditions-plotting a true/false indicator based on conditions
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 8:11:19 PM

I thought there was a way to plot a boolean (true/false) indication based on whether a condition was met so that one could easily view is relative performace over time.  But when recently trying to do this, I was unable to find a way.  Am I just mistaken that this could be done or am I missing something?

Topic: Creating Scan Conditions
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 5:33:35 PM

Thank you Julia.  I will give it a try.  Haven't used that function for a while.  Forgot about it.

Topic: Creating Scan Conditions
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 12:05:17 PM

As far as I can determine, all multiple condition scans from chart indicators can be created only as logical "and" conditions.  Do you know of anyway to create "or" relationships?  For example, if one wanted to determine if either Moneystream or OBV crossed a critical point.   This isn't what I want to do, but it is just an example. Currently, if one wanted to run an "either"-"or" scan, one would have to run two separate scans.  Is there any other solution, or is there anything in future versions that may allow for this?

Topic: Heiken Ashi Plots and Associated Volatilty Stops
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:24:14 PM

Thanks, Bruce.  Hopefully, the bug fix is relatively easy and will be corrected. 

Topic: Heiken Ashi Plots and Associated Volatilty Stops
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:38:07 PM

I am a big fan of Heiken Ashi charting and volatility stops.  I notice that when a chart is changed from candles to H-A plotting, the value of the volatility stop also changes.  I would expect this since the actual values and H-A price points are different. This indicates to me that the H-A values are being used to calculate the volatility stop.   However, when I try to create a condition between H-A price points and the associated volatility stops (e.g. H-A close crossing up through a volatility stop), the  easy scan appears to be using actual price and associated volatility stop, not the H-A associated values.  Is there anything I can do to use H-A values crossing through H-A derived volatility stops?

Topic: MACD Histogram Turning Point
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:16:57 PM

Thank you.

Topic: MACD Histogram Turning Point
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:16:52 PM

Bruce I have been struggling trying to write a PCF that represents a possible MACD histogram turning point.  That is the histogram 2 days ago is higher than the histogram 1 day ago and the histogram today is higher than the histogram yesterday.  Seems like it should be simple but I am getting a little confused on the formulas for the MACD and that of signal line.  Can you help?

Topic: Indicators and Scans on Heiken Ashi charts
Posted: Friday, February 1, 2013 9:18:31 AM

just one note on the formula you provided.  if I understand how HA is calculated, I think you have to divide the O+H+L+C values by four.  I made this modification and the moving average was calculated identically to what is done by TC2000 (the lines overlapped).  So TC2000 does calculated the moving average using HA values, but you are right in that it does not use the HA values when running scans that are based on price.

Topic: Indicators and Scans on Heiken Ashi charts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:30:28 PM

Thanks, Bruce.  Very Helpful.