Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: 639649
About
User Name: 639649
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 74
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: losses
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:59:37 PM
I am now using Yahoo Finance Income Quartely Statement info and getting much better results than I did on Clear Station. Many thanks for getting me straightend out.Bill
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:26:43 AM
Thnaks for all the help. I have been looking at Clear Station for earnings results on a bunch of other stocks in the losers list and I'm getting terrible correlation between what Telechart is showing for losses and what Clear Station shows. What source should I be using to get accurate correlation on the numbers?
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:01:06 AM
Here's another question, Why is MMC showing up as a loser with an edit condition of Earnings $millions 1 yr set by value @ min -0.4. When I checked the earnings for the stock it is making good earnings any way you look at it. This is making me nuts.
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:28:47 AM
Gotcha, thanks Doug.
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:24:43 AM
Absolutely right. I was having a senior moment when I looked at the annual earnings on Telechart and then compared them to quarterly results.
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:09:05 AM
Hi Craig, those EPS percent change items are in EDit Conditions. Thanks, Bill
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:56:12 AM
Thanks Craig, If you look at the Worden Easy Scan titled Above Average Earnings Momentum, you'll see that there are several PCF's in there titled EPS (earnings per share) percent change latest quarter, EPS percent change latest year, etc. These PCF's are then adjusted by rank from 65-99. What I want to do is make the mirror image of that Easy Scan by making LPS (loss per share)percent change latest quarter and LPS percent change last year, etc. If it is being done now in the Worden Above Average Earnings Momentum easy scan I don't understand why it can't be done in reverse. Can you explain? Thanks, Bill
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 6:53:59 AM
Hi Doug, Do you have an answer to my previously posted question regarding a PCF with LSP (losses per share) which is the inverse of EPS (earnings per share)? Thanks, Bill
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 11:03:23 AM
Thanks Doug, what I am really trying to do is set up the mirror image of the Worden Easy Scan titled Above Average Earnings Momentum. It has PCF's for EPS for various quarters and an annual EPS. It then has each EPS segment sorted by rank 65-99. This easy scan works great to pick out stocks that are the best earnings gainers. Why can't we set up PCF's with LSP (losses per share) just like we have EPS (earnings per share) and find the worst losers by rank 65-99? Thanks, Bill
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 9:19:00 AM
Thanks Doug and Craig, I did not see an N/A except for what support told me, so disregard that.
I followed your suggestion and set up All Stocks and did a sort with Earnings (Millions) 1 year. I got VIA.B at the top with -16275 (whatever that means). Then I checked on the actual earnings for the company and got +.43 for the most recent quarter and +.41 for the previous quarter. The next ticker was VOD with -14249 and it had latest earnings of -1.19 with previous quarter of -.46. The third ticker was T with -6244. It has latest earnings of +.14 with previous quarter of +.38.
So the company at the top of the list, VIA.B is earning money, not losing money, and it had an increase of 2 cents a share from the previous quarter. T had a sharp decrease in earnings but it was still a profit. Only VOD had losses that were increasing. This is still no help. Thanks, Bill